Notary Rotary
I'll let you decide. I'm the signing service
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by L/FL on 10/2/07 11:33pm
Msg #214390

I will reamain anonymous until I see what everyone's opinion is.

I apologize in advance for even having to come on here and defend myself. But I saw this one coming. So I was prepared.

FYI....TO ALL OF MY NOTARIES.....I reported this Notary to Notary Rotary and told them she would probably post something negative about my company.

Read all of the nasty emails sent to me by this Notary. I have never in 7 years in this business been so disrespected.

Before the rude emails started coming over I got a phone call THE DAY BEFORE THE CLOSING stating that she had not received the docs and that if she didn’t have them today, the day before the closing via Fed Ex, she would not be able to do the closing tomorrow at 3pm. Let me tell you. If these docs wouldn’t have been overnighted and already on a truck for delivery the day before the closing I would have found another Notary. I could just tell that things were not going to go well by her attitude. By the way, docs were delivered the day before just like I told her. After she read my closing confirmation is when I received the very first email. (see below).

Email # 1
I received the confirmation.
Please be aware that you informed me there would be 8 pages to faxback. There are 13 pages that are required - possibly more depending on the status of the loan. I MAY NOT have time to go home and FAX all these pages back until after my other appointments.
Under normal circumstances, this package would be in the Fed Ex box for pick-up shortly after the closing. Because of all this faxback redundancy, I cannot guarantee that.

HERE WAS MY REPLY:
There are only 8 pages off of that list that are in the package that need to be faxed back.
If you run into more than that, let me know. I understand if the docs can't go out tonight.

Kinda funny, here is her reply:
THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE, I APPRECIATE THE FACT YOU CARE ENOUGH TO RESPOND..
YOU HAVE A GOOD REPUTATION ON THE NOTARY BOARDS.

Here is email # 2
(After the closing)
FOR SOME REASON, MY FAX MACHINE SIMPLY CANNOT CONNECT WITH YOUR FAX.
I EVEN DROVE INTO TOWN AND TOOK THE FAXBACKS TO STAPLES. THEIR FEE TO FAX WAS $1.75 FOR THE FIRST PAGE AND $1.25 FOR EACH ADDITIONAL PAGE. A TOTAL OF 15 PAGES WOULD HAVE COST $19.25. I CHOSE NOT TO FAX THRU STAPLES.
I WILL NOT TRY YOUR "WEST COAST" OFFICE FAX.
I'LL TELL YOU WHAT I'M GOING TO DO... YOU CAN TAKE YOUR FEE FROM THE LENDER AND KEEP IT ALL FOR YOURSELF. HOW DOES THAT SOUND TO YOU?? I GUARANTEE MY WORK, AND IF I AM UNABLE TO FACILITATE "ANY ASPECT" OF THE CLOSING THAT IS MY RESPONSIBILITY, MY SERVICES ARE FREE.
THIS SHOULD MAKE YOUR DAY!
BE AWARE THAT THE ONLY REASON I AM EVEN BOTHERING TO SHIP THE DOCUMENTS IS BECAUSE THE BORROWERS WERE SUCH NICE PEOPLE.
I THINK THIS IS SIMPLY THE BEST SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM. YOU CAN REAP THE BENEFITS OF ALL YOUR HARD WORK TODAY AND JUST KEEP THE FULL FEE!
HOW'S THAT FOR GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE! I DID ALL THE WORK AND YOU CAN KEEP ALL THE MONEY!
I THINK THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THIS LOAN MAY RECIND, SO I SINCERELY HOPE "YOUR CONTRACT" WHICH PRECLUDES ALL OF US INCOMPETENT, DISHONEST NOTARIES FROM ACCEPTED CERTIFIED OR CASHIER CHECKS, STILL GUARANTEES YOU PAYMENT FROM THE LENDER IT WOULD BE A SHAME IF, AFTER ALL THE WORK YOU PUT INTO THIS LOAN, YOU DON'T GET PAID EITHER.
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR GREAT HELP AND IMMEASURABLE UNDERSTANDING. I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU WITH GREAT RESPECT AND ADMIRATION.
SINCERELY,
STEPHANIE in PA

First of all I would have called Staples first and asked them how much it costs to fax. I would not have driven there. Not my fault.

Secondly this Notary hung up on me before I even had a chance to give her another fax #.
She called me and yelled in the phone WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON DOWN THERE IN FLORIDA. I've been trying to fax for the last 15 minutes and it just keep ringing busy. I told her that’s because I was really busy and that I was sorry, I didn’t know what the problem was. I was at the post office when she called and wasn’t in front of my fax machine.
And I apologized that her fax couldn’t connect with mine. I get faxes all day long. Once in a while there is a problem, but I work very hard to satisfy my Notaries and even go the extra mile to make sure my Notaries are well taken care of. If there is an issue I'm on it!

Email # 3
IN MY PREVIOUS E-MAIL, I STATED "I WOULD NOT" TRY TO FAX THE DOCS TO YOUR "WEST COAST OFFICE."
CORRECTION: I WILL ATTEMPT TO FAX THE DOCS TO YOUR "WEST COAST OFFICE."
SLIP OF THE FINGERS. SORRY. I AM NOT A SECRETARY.

Email # 4
BIG NEWS FROM THE TRENCHES!!! I SUCCESSFULLY TRANSMITTED ALL 15 PAGES VIA THE "WEST COAST OFFICE" FAX NUMBER.
ISN'T THAT WONDERFUL? I SURELY THINK SO!
TOO BAD I DID NOT HAVE THAT NUMBER THIS MORNING. THE DOCS WOULD HAVE GONE OUT TODAY. OH WELL, QUID PRO QUO.

These emails are just the tip of the iceberg. I was yelled at, cursed at, and down right disrespected.

And she specifically told me to keep the entire fee!

All of my Notaries KNOW that I am good company to work for. The world is made up of all types. Good and Bad, and in this case just plain rotten.

Here is the final email I received the other day BEFORE the payment was considered "late"

And I honestly didn’t plan on NOT PAYING HER SOMETHING!

Email # 4
Payment for this closing is PAST DUE.
Payment must be received by September 30, 2007, or collection procedures will be commenced.

So I emailed back, copied and pasted what she had written to me previously.
I'LL TELL YOU WHAT I'M GOING TO DO... YOU CAN TAKE YOUR FEE FROM THE LENDER AND KEEP IT ALL FOR YOURSELF. HOW DOES THAT SOUND TO YOU?? I GUARANTEE MY WORK, AND IF I AM UNABLE TO FACILITATE "ANY ASPECT" OF THE CLOSING THAT IS MY RESPONSIBILITY, MY SERVICES ARE FREE.

Here is her reply: email # 5
Well how does this sound to you. This message you sent back to me was CONTINGENT on me being UNABLE to FAX the required docs back.
I have my e-mails to you advising that the docs were sent to your "WEST COAST OFFICE", the FAX number you FINALLY PROVIDED TO ME AFTER I UNSUCCESSFULLY TRIED TO FAX the docs to your hideout in Florida. Speaking of Florida - another company in Florida tried to stiff me last year. I collected the money they owed without a hitch once I contacted the proper agencies in Florida.
You met someone who doesn't bow and kiss your feet.
Situations such as this one are the reason that experienced notaries will not work for signing services. You are a classic example of this. You contract with a notary to do work for you, and then you don't want to pay the notary.
I will not back down. Don't kid yourself.
Stephanie in PA

According to her own words, one could only assume that she isn’t a very experienced Notary, because she did work for a Signing Service.

This is by far the worst Notary I have EVER had to deal with in the 7 years I have been scheduling loans.
She verbally abused me. As well as writing immature statements on the fax back coversheet that was sent to the Lender (my client) for shipping approval. Very unprofessional.

I did nothing wrong, or unprofessional. Just the opposite. I don’t even understand how someone could get THEMSELVES so worked up. And be so rude. I even asked her why was she treating me like that, and why she felt the need to yell, curse and hang up on me and be verbally abusive to me. I had no choice but to be nice. She had my borrower’s documents!!

If ANY Notary out there would like a list of references of other Notaries Nationwide to prove that I pay them I would be more than happy to provide that for you.

Don’t listen this ONE Notary that said herself that I have a good reputation on the Notary sites.

The "goodgirl" isn’t telling you the whole story.

And I would advise EVERYONE to beware of HER not me!

Reply by CJ on 10/3/07 12:24am
Msg #214395

I've had plenty of times that I could not fax.

I sometimes fax late at night, or first thing in the morning, so I can catch the other fax free. I call and wait to find out. Sometimes things go wrong on your end. I know they sure do on my end.

One time I forgot to drop the package on time. I paid a courior $140 to get it there today. I did not get paid that much for the job.

One time I forgot the signature on the Note (it was the only double sided document, signature on the back at the top.) I said I would take care of it for free. Borrower out of state. I volunteered to pay for the fed ex out, and the fed ex back. I heard the SS say on the phone, "Yes, our notary screwed up, but WE are taking care of it". I didn't even get credit for it.

Another time I forgot to drop the docs, and I offered to hire the courior. No, they wanted ME to bring it. 4 hours to Irvine, and 3 hours back, in the summer, no A/C, on EOM day. I was REALLY upset. Believe me, I thought about what I wanted to tell him.

I wrote him a letter,

"Dear SS;
Don't ever call me again.
sincerely".

No swearing.

A month later, I cooled off and I missed the work, so I called and told him I was back from vacation. He sent me work.

I don't see any reason for that notary to have a snit like that. Things happen. If I can't fax from home, I do pay. And you know what? If you bring Staples donuts on a regular basis, they slip you discounts on faxes in emergencies.

What is she going to do if a borrower upsets her?

Sometimes you have to eat stuff. That is part of being in business for yourself.

Reply by cassiewi on 10/3/07 12:30am
Msg #214397

I can guess who you are, but am not seeing the post you're

referring to? What did she say on this board, or what message # was it?

Reply by ananotary on 10/3/07 12:34am
Msg #214398

That notary was incredibly unprofessional! However....

"According to her own words, one could only assume that she isn’t a very experienced Notary, because she did work for a Signing Service."

I might be misunderstanding you here, but even a very experienced notary would work for a well and prompt paying signing service.

If she did complete the job you need to pay her for it and never hire her again. If she was able to get the fax to you finally, then she does have a point. At that point the entire "contract" had been fullfilled.

So sorry you had to even deal with this.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/3/07 7:38am
Msg #214409

Re: That notary was incredibly unprofessional! However....

The e-mail said:

"Situations such as this one are the reason that experienced notaries will not work for signing services"

That would imply that as experienced notaries will not work for signing services then the person who sent the e-mail is not an experienced notary or they would not have worked for the signing service.

Reply by asigner on 10/3/07 10:09am
Msg #214455

Re: That notary was incredibly unprofessional!

Yes, she was totally incredible. I dont know what was going on in her life at that moment - but it doesnt sound good. Yes -there are 2 sides to every story.
And on the other hand, let me tell you, I know a notary who is constantly complaining about the duties of an SA. She complains about having to print, drive, fax, cancellations, last minute request and expects a primo fee for no responsibility. My goodness if you cannot handle your clients request, shut your mouth and find another line of work! This job is highly stressful - if you love it great - if you hate it that much go work someplace else. No one is twisting your arm!

Reply by CJ/OR on 10/3/07 1:25am
Msg #214400

Is this for real?

I've had situations when I have been told that we had to fax "a few pages" and discovered that the number was 28 pages. I called the SS and told them this was extraordinary. Fee was increased ... no problem.

Sometimes we have to make choices. We are 20 miles away in the next town ... where our after-hours fedex drop is located. We make the decision to fax from the fedex location rather than drive home ... fax ... then return to get the docs shipped. But, its a choice and we eat the extra cost.

That's life.

We're told that the docs are 50 pages ... we agree to $75 ... turns out the package is 150 pages. We let the SS know. Fee is increased.

We have never had to raise our voice let alone get belligerent. Even if we were to get really pissed, common sense would dictate that ... since we want to keep their business ... we keep it civil.

If this is for real I wouldn't send her any more business. Geez, is this for real?

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/3/07 6:25am
Msg #214403

Re: Is this for real?

**Geez, is this for real?**

Sure it's real.

One need only read this board for a week to
recognize that some get mad and overreact
when others do not agree with them, or do
not give them the answers they desire.

Reply by CJ/OR on 10/3/07 8:49am
Msg #214419

Message Deleted

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Abusive

Reply by Loretta Reed on 10/3/07 9:04am
Msg #214423

Re: Is this for real? OH MY..... n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/3/07 9:05am
Msg #214425

**Is this a method a texas dimwit uses to makes a point? Sorry, honey ... **

You're right again, CJ. If there was a point to be made...well...I believe you just made it.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 10/3/07 9:27am
Msg #214435

Re: Is this for real?..THIS has GOT to be

one of the dumbest things I've ever seen anyone do on this board....talk about biting the hand that feeds you...CJ/OR, your statement was totally out of line and unnecessary...IMO

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/3/07 9:42am
Msg #214439

Stupid, Sexist, Denigrating, CJ/OR you need to be banned!

I'm going to ask for it!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/3/07 9:48am
Msg #214442

Message Deleted

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Generally Inappropriate

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/3/07 9:51am
Msg #214445

Thank you Sylvia, just cruisin' through and couldn't let

this totally unacceptable and gratuitous swipe at one who has contributed so much to so many go unnoticed! CJ/ORneeds to review the posting guidelines!

Reply by DogmongerCA on 10/3/07 10:27am
Msg #214467

Welcome back Charles

Glad to see you've changed your mind:-)

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/3/07 10:43am
Msg #214477

Re: Welcome back Charles, Thanks Dog, Some very nice

people suggested that perhaps I was a bit hasty in my departure. I'm still not sure, but as mentioned to Sylvia I just couldn't let that comment go by because it was so egregious and so totally undeserved. There are some people here who have given a lot to this community and Brenda is without a doubt one of them. Its nice to see you posting again to, I hadn't seen you around for a while.

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/3/07 12:49pm
Msg #214508

Good, Charles...might as well join the rest of us

such as we are.

Reply by CJ/OR on 10/3/07 5:38pm
Msg #214610

So should Sylvia ... Cyber-stalking is illegal. n/m

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/3/07 8:39pm
Msg #214659

Re: you are correct cyberstalking is illegal,however

the definition of cyberstalking is:

cyberstalking is almost always characterized by the stalker relentlessly pursuing his\her victim online and is much more likely to include some form of offline attack, as well. This offline aspect makes it a more serious situation as it can easily lead to dangerous physical contact, if the victim’s location is known.

Where have I "relentlessly" pursued you online?

I could have quoted more from the newspaper had I desired to. Newspapers are public not personal and private

Reply by BetsyMI on 10/3/07 9:54am
Msg #214446

Very clever of you Sylvia...I had no idea CJ/OR was

C. Jeffrey Evans

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 10/3/07 10:00am
Msg #214449

Re: Betsy, see msg #213903 - in all his glory.. n/m

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/3/07 10:18am
Msg #214459

Re: Very clever of you Sylvia...I had no idea CJ/OR was

Brenda identified him in a previous thread.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/3/07 10:23am
Msg #214463

Re: Very clever of you Sylvia...I had no idea - Betsy

Brenda's message is #214221

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/3/07 10:33am
Msg #214474

Chuck, you're back!

This CJ a/k/a C. Jeffrey Evans is a Mo-Mo JackBag without a doubt.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/3/07 10:49am
Msg #214480

Verily a JackBag and Mo-mo beyond compare ;) n/m

Reply by CJ/OR on 10/3/07 5:36pm
Msg #214609

Why? Because I'm fighting back against a cabal ...

Why? Because I'm fighting back against a cabal of two women that seem to think that they are more special than many others on this forum? Look, I've been contacted privately by 8 ... count them ... 8 others who agreed with me but, who were afraid to say so because they feared becoming the object of these women's abuse. One has gone so far as to research me on the internet and post personal information that I did not consent to have posted.

The object of your misplaced chivalry, while not the one who has done the cyber-stalking, has, nevertheless, supported her.

I'm going to have my opinions. Some will agree and the cabal will disagree. But, I will not back down from people operating with a pack mentality.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/3/07 6:51pm
Msg #214632

Re: Why? Because I'm fighting back against a cabal ...

"One has gone so far as to research me on the internet and post personal information that I did not consent to have posted"

hmmm I called you Commissioner. Guess that is abuse!

That info is out there for anyone to see. How much circulation does that newspaper have?

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/3/07 8:30pm
Msg #214657

Oh goodness. I just read this one about our cabal behavior.

Sylvia...how, oh how did it come to this?

Wikipedia describes us to a 'T', Sylvia!

A cabal is a number of persons united in some close design, usually to promote their private views and interests in a church, state, or other community by intrigue. Cabals are sometimes secret organizations composed of a few designing persons, and at other times are manifestations of emergent behavior in society or governance on the part of a community of persons who have well established public affiliation or kinship. The term can also be used to refer to the designs of such persons or to the practical consequences of their emergent behavior, and also holds a general meaning of intrigue and conspiracy. Its usage carries strong connotations of shadowy corners, back rooms and insidious influence; a cabal is more evil and selective than, say, a faction, which is simply selfish. Because of this negative connotation, few organizations use the term to refer to themselves or their internal subdivisions. Among the exceptions is Discordianism, in which the term is used to refer to an identifiable group within the Discordian tradition.
===========

Okay...after I get my pink flannel pjs on...the sinister ones with the tiny little coffee cups all over them...I'll go find a shadowy corner in my back room and send people uninvited PMs the rest of the night trying to convince them to see things OUR way...whatever that is.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/3/07 9:03pm
Msg #214665

Re: Oh goodness. I just read this one about our cabal behavior.

"Its usage carries strong connotations of shadowy corners, back rooms and insidious influence; a cabal is more evil and selective than, say, a faction, which is simply selfish. "

Ohhhh, I liiike it! Yes I really really like it.

Reply by CharlotteTX on 10/3/07 9:43am
Msg #214440

CJ, why did you need to use Texas in your comment ? Oh well, better fish to fry. Like the up coming weekend of the great TX/OU game !!!

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/3/07 10:20am
Msg #214460

**CJ, why did you need to use Texas in your comment ?**

I totally agree. He could have just stopped with "dimwit" and left Tx out of it.

Wink

Reply by Philip Johnson on 10/3/07 10:29am
Msg #214470

You'll always be our little Texas "FRIDGERATOR" bulb.:) n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/3/07 11:09am
Msg #214484

Re: You'll always be our little Texas "FRIDGERATOR" bulb.:)

Funny you should mention appliances...I am at home at the moment getting a water heater replaced. I wish I were a plumber...or plumbing savvy...it's going to cost me a hunk to get this done. Ah, the joys of homeownership.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 10/3/07 11:53am
Msg #214493

Re: You'll always be our little Texas "FRIDGERATOR" bulb.:)

My husband was a plumber for 10 years, for the right amount, we may not "shaft" you as much. Smile

Reply by CJ/OR on 10/3/07 5:41pm
Msg #214612

Go Oklahoma! n/m

Reply by MistarellaFL on 10/3/07 11:47am
Msg #214491

Na na na na na! n/m

Reply by MichiganAl on 10/3/07 1:02pm
Msg #214516

How many aliases do you have Mr. Evans?

You can change your name, but as Emmitt Smith recently said, "you cannot change the stripes of a leopard." (God I love that line. The stripes of a leopard!)

Reply by CJ/OR on 10/3/07 5:44pm
Msg #214616

I changed my alias

When it became clear to me that one of the women was running inappropriate internet searches on my background and posting personal information that I did not consent to being posted.

Reply by hcampersFL on 10/3/07 9:29am
Msg #214436

What I find funny is that you are so self-involved that you don't think this is for real. This is the type of attitude that you will get when you work with the public, whether it be notary, SS or Loan officer. The person that this SS is talking about doesn't think like a business owner, they think like an employee. That is the difference.

Why the jab at someone from Texas just pointing out what anyone with business sense would already understand?

Reply by Laura Vestanen on 10/3/07 1:39pm
Msg #214537

Your message made sense to me, CR. n/m

Reply by LC/FL on 10/3/07 7:20am
Msg #214405

What a horrible experience. I work very hard to have a satisfied signer, offer fax back for up to 5 pages, and if I make a mistake I am very happy to return at no charge. This notary will learn, I apologize for her rudeness to you, God speed to you and IF you are paying your notaries promptly and per their agreement, it is even sadder that you would be treated that way. Add me to your list, please Smile

Reply by Lee/AR on 10/3/07 7:28am
Msg #214407

There is always 3 sides to every story. This side, that side...and the truth. I've only seen one (edited for length) side. Nevertheless, sounds like the Notary completed the job and should be paid. As it's obvious you'll never get along, simply never call him/her again. S/he will probably be relieved, too. Happy ending for all.

Reply by sue_pa on 10/3/07 7:43am
Msg #214411

I agree there are always the 3 sides so I don't care to comment on a closing that apparently closed with no problems - until the "dreaded" fax backs. The problem with that, on your end - get e-fax or another type program for considerably less than $100 a year and no one will ever have to deal with your busy machine again. Trying to fax to a number that is continually busy is VERY frustrating and totally unnecessary = especially when there is no reason for anyone in business that sends and receives a lot of faxes to use the traditional method. The problem on the closers end - get a laser fax and faxing one page or 50 pages isn't much different - and it will continually try until the fax goes through and you don't have to babysit the machine.

Reply by Roger Proctor Sr on 10/3/07 10:04am
Msg #214452

I am new to the industry and am willing to any and all assignments you offer at a reasonable rate......If you have anything my way pleawse keep me in mind.

You would think she would be grateful for the work I know I would be.

Thanks
Roger Proctor, IL 62045

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.