Notary Rotary
I wonder how many people will fall
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by John_NorCal on 10/6/07 8:17pm
Msg #215279

for the NNA's latest flier to become a signing agent.

*Start a new career!
*Earm $50....$80....as much as $125.00 per signing and more!
*we'll teach you everything you need to know!
*There are plenty of opportunities in your area!

Jeez and it's only $199.00.... Guess we'll be seeing a lot more newbies soon asking for the world on a silver platter!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/6/07 8:36pm
Msg #215282

And if they teach them everything they need to know then why do we get so many newbie basic questions?
oh - I know! they teach them to ask hereSmile

Reply by CJ on 10/6/07 8:40pm
Msg #215283

Truths and lies

Yes, you can make $50, $80, and even $125 per signing. That's true. Sure: do three or four a day, and you will be making lots of money.

What if you do one a week? What if they don't pay you? What if you do a couple a month?

Flat out lie: There are NOT plenty of opportunities in your area. Every experienced notary with good contacts is sitting home waiting for someone to qualify for a loan.

NNA needs people to pay $199 per person so they can stay in business.

P.S. I wonder how many SS on their list that they hand out has closed their doors.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/7/07 12:37am
Msg #215292

Just got mine, too...

You are so right about another coming infusion of newbies!! The part that gets me is where they say "Changes in the lending industry have created an urgent need for NNA Certified and Background Screened Notary Signing Agents", but they forgot to add the part where it says "...who will work for less than $50 per signing".

Get ready, folks. Between now and the end of the year, they have 12 more classes scheduled, just in California. But then, according to them, they are "the *only* nationally accredited Notary education provider". Accredited by whom? And what is Harry or TSR or...? Chopped Liver?? [Be sure to read with the appropriate inflection...! Wink] I wish there was some way to get off their mailing list. I haven't been a member for some time. But I imagine every commissioned notary in California is getting one of these little gems.

I am now going to follow my own advice and put this out of my mind!

Reply by Lee/AR on 10/7/07 1:03am
Msg #215296

What we should be doing is encouraging the unsuspecting victims to file a complaint. A number of Ripoff Report complaints from these poor folks who have parted with a couple of hundred to learn a business--and then find out there is no business-- might prevent others from falling for the same line. By the time they get to us, it's too late.

Reply by Allison_MI on 10/8/07 4:40pm
Msg #215484

Re:Many will fall victim to this, unfortunately

well, I believe we can't stop the NNA from doing what they do. They are a sad bunch pushing out notary signing agents like they are much needed like teachers or nurses.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.