Notary Rotary
JMT Financial
Notary Discussion History

JMT Financial
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Dianne Pickard on 10/9/07 4:01pm
Msg #215614

JMT Financial

I just got a call from "JMT Financial" asking me to take a $50.00 closing. "Well OTHERS are doing it all day long for us." Call one of THEM, then.

Reply by Kathy/ID on 10/9/07 4:10pm
Msg #215616

for e-docs? That is insane.

Reply by Dianne Pickard on 10/9/07 4:15pm
Msg #215618

Wasn't e-docs but wanted me to drive 44 miles one way!!! 88 miles round trip.

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/9/07 4:29pm
Msg #215625

Re: JMT Financial - two jobs for them...they are very cheap

but when I worked for them they did pay me on time.

Reply by LJ on 10/9/07 5:45pm
Msg #215639

Re: JMT Financial - two jobs for them...they are very cheap

I did a couple for them when I was a newbie. They were always o/n docs, paid ontime but not well. I must admit, they were a good company to get my feet wet with.

Reply by MichiganAl on 10/9/07 7:34pm
Msg #215670

They've been a $50 co. for as long as I can remember. No Thx n/m

Reply by JanelWI on 10/10/07 8:08pm
Msg #215882

Message Deleted

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Author Request - Special Exception

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/10/07 9:01pm
Msg #215889

Agree, Al. They paid me $50 for like two of the first few

I did before I realized how $50 wasn't worth the effort...especially not for a Texas refi which is a cumbersome package.

I also got my first rev mort from them. I got $65 for that one, I think.

It doesn't take this Texan long to look at a hot horse shoe and figure out that $50 is a ridiculous amount to work for. Gosh, that was years ago now. How fast time flies when you're having fun.

Reply by LORNA DENT on 10/13/07 2:22am
Msg #216338

Re: Agree, Al. They paid me $50 for like two of the first f

I have done work with this company for 2.5 years. They were my first company when I first started and they have always been one company I could depend on for work and for payment. Right now, they are the company that is giving me the most work during this slow period....last month I made 1300.00 just from them alone. If I had not taken their jobs I would only have made about 300.00 for the whole month. Right now with the market and business the way it is for us notaries I dont mind taking jobs from companies that give me work. I dont usually take jobs that are more then 25 miles away either unless the company wants to pay extra. I live in AZ and have had a hard time getting alot of companies that will pay above what is the average here of 50.00 for overnite and 75.00 for email.....there are some that pay better but not alot. JMT has never sent me out more then 25 miles either and most of the time its only about 5-10 miles, so for me their small fee works out fine and right now they are keeping me in business. I know a lot of notaries here that have had to go back to working temp jobs or regular jobs because they just arent getting enough business, so it may be wise for some to consider taking business thats offered in order to keep your business going during this slow time.....so far this month I have made over 700.00 and most of that has been JMT work.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.