Notary Rotary
LSI, no docs, offices closed
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by pjc on 10/27/07 1:52pm
Msg #218580

Help, I was originally told that the docs would be FedEX'd to client, then late yesterday afternoon I was told that I would receive them via email. The appt. is at 2:00, it is noon, there are no docs, all of their offices are closed for the weekend and they have no emergency # on the confirmation.

What would you do??

Reply by Susan Fischer on 10/27/07 2:02pm
Msg #218582

Call borrower, explain there are no docs, will reschedule;

apologize for the delay, and let them know you're on it first thing Mon and you look forward to your meeting with them.

Don't offer explanation, because we don't have one. Could be any number of things.

Hope this helps.

Reply by Ralph Wedertz on 10/27/07 2:02pm
Msg #218583

Obviously, there are no docs, therefore no signing. Call the borrower and tell them there are no docs, and that they will need to contact their loan officer to find out what happened. This happens on occasion when (for some reason) the loan company cancels the loan signing due to unfilled escrow or lender requirements. This it out of your control. Email LSI and express your concern, and that you have notified the borrowers. That's all you can do at this point. Yesterday, (ONE MINUTE BEFORE THE SIGNING APPOINTMENT) I received a cancellation for the loan. This is their screw up, and you can't be held responsible.

Reply by pjc on 10/27/07 2:05pm
Msg #218585

Re: thanks, I have

a call into the borrowers. Maybe they sent the docs to borrowers after all? Otherwise, yes, asking them to contact their LO is good idea. Thanks. Patti

Reply by Hugh Nations Signing Agents of Austin on 10/27/07 2:20pm
Msg #218586

Many people enter their homes through the garage, and may not see their front steps for weeks and weeks. That, of course, is where couriers leave packages. Have them make sure there is no courier package on front steps.

Reply by Alice/MD on 10/27/07 4:47pm
Msg #218596

I have stepped on docs as I rang the door bell. The borrower did not enter their front door, and they never do, they said.

Why is it that we, the notaries, have to solve all the problems? Yet, they want to cut our pay. They go home when we are out there on the street doing a wonderful job at 12 midnight.

Reply by CJ on 10/27/07 6:44pm
Msg #218607

Solving all their problems.

And saving their butts! I want them to call me again, so I do whatever I can to make jobs go smoothly. Many times I have driven over to someone else's house to pick up the docs dropped on the wrong doorstep, then driven back to the borrower's house because it was an old address, or their mom's house, or something stupid. So what if they send it to the wrong address? They all go home at 5:00 and crash in front of the TV. Notaries are heros, and all the Title people know is that the docs miraculously arrived with signatures on them. They have no idea what nonsense we put up with from borrowers and eveyone else.

Reply by Alice/MD on 10/28/07 7:59am
Msg #218648

Re: Solving all their problems.

Glad we can communicate like this. Glad I am not the only one feeling the pinch from these companies who expect us to be more professional than they are. Thanks CJ for your response.

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/28/07 11:03pm
Msg #218729

You really have to ask?

You have no docs and the office is closed because it's Saturday. Exactly how many options do you think you have here?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.