Notary Rotary
Land America OneStop
Notary Discussion History

Land America OneStop
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by CJ/OR on 10/4/07 10:29am
Msg #214701

Land America OneStop

I've read some negative posts on LAOS. Some payments have not been made because one of their lenders has done a poor job of updating the computer file showing a loan has closed. If the loan still shows on their computer as open, the notary is not paid. Those who have not received some payments should call LAOS and advise them that the loans were closed so they can update the file.

Reply by hp/MD on 10/4/07 10:55am
Msg #214714

It is true. I called for three signings that were not paid. They updated the files and checks were received.

Reply by mtnotary on 10/4/07 11:13am
Msg #214720

I also called Land America One Stop as I had received payments for jobs before and after this one non paid signing. I called Land America they informed me that they had not received notification that it had been successfully signed. I told her that it had and gave her the tracking number and they were very helpful in closing that assignment.
Great company to work for.... pay quickly too.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 10/4/07 12:42pm
Msg #214752

I was called at 7pm for a 9pm closing from them. I accepted and they were shocked at my fee. They got it approved and called me back. Rushed home to print docs and it cancelled. They found someone cheaper for sure. Were wanting me to drive 40 miles for $85 e-docs. Don't think so. They have really cut their fees.

Reply by WDMD on 10/4/07 12:47pm
Msg #214754

"Were wanting me to drive 40 miles for $85 e-docs. Don't think so. They have really cut their fees. "

I agree Linda. IMHO just because a company pays quick does not necessarily make them a "great" company. I like to at least make a living wage when all is said and done.

Reply by lubi on 10/4/07 1:18pm
Msg #214767

Sure they paid fast, but some of scheduler of LAOS they are nasty. They talked to you not nice way, Countrywide dept. is always difficult to talk, they don't return calls, they are not helpfull. My appt. was scheduled at 5.30 pm, I waited until 5.00 pm no docs, called them and they told me: Docs will be in 15 mins in your email box. Waited 30 mins. no e-docs, 6.00 pm told them that I am not going to wait, if they can find other notary. Lady from Countrywide dept. was very nasty and she was almost screaming at me. I like some people from GMAC, Citi Bank and other dept., but Countrywide dept. ... not nice.

Reply by Alice/MD on 10/4/07 1:35pm
Msg #214778

They called me to do a Countywide with many fax backs. They told me they were willing to pay a flat rate of $90 for edocs with no extra for faxing back over 18 pages. I said " NO CAN DO"

Reply by Susan/CA on 10/4/07 2:09pm
Msg #214785

They just lowered their Citibank fees again by 5.00!!!

They called and asked me to do a Citibank HELOC for 55.00 (edocs over 60 pgs each). I said no way.

Reply by Phillip/TX on 10/4/07 2:20pm
Msg #214795

Re: They just lowered their Citibank fees again by 5.00!!!

And they think we dont know how to read the HUD and see that they are making $175 off the closing!!!!

Reply by CF on 10/4/07 8:15pm
Msg #214896

Re: They just lowered their Citibank fees again by 5.00!!!

Those Citi HELOCS were low payers to start with. Good luck finding notaries for that fee. I dont care if it is 10 pages or 110 pages....I still have to take the time to get a babysitter, print docs, drive somewhere, and then deal with god knows what at the borrowers house.

I am desperate....but not that desperate!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.