Notary Rotary
Land America One Stop
Notary Discussion History

Land America One Stop
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Elaine Sedlock on 10/29/07 3:07pm
Msg #218780

Land America One Stop

I did my first job for them last Thursday night and they offered to pay $85 for edocs. I told them I couldn't accept that and they agreed to pay $95. Still not enough, but I agreed. The next morning I noticed the confirmation email stated a fee of only $85. I called to ask them to correct it. The man I spoke with originally wasn't in and the one I was talking to that morning said he was sorry but that there must have been a mistake because they don't ever pay more than $85. Long story short, I emailed my original contact, he apologized, thanked me for my services, and emailed a new confirmation with the correct amount. Then Saturday afternoon I was getting ready to go out of town when LAOSS called to confirm my receipt of an emailed assignment. I told the lady I was sorry but couldn't take the job because of previous plans. She said I had already agreed to take the job. I assured her I hadn't and she rushed off the line to find someone else (she was clearly annoyed). I then checked my email and the assignment order stated $125. Anyone know what their actual payment schedule is?

Reply by Phillip/TX on 10/29/07 3:13pm
Msg #218784

$85 is their top end normal fee, well in TX anyway. n/m

Reply by Elaine Sedlock on 10/29/07 3:16pm
Msg #218785

Re: $85 is their top end normal fee, well in TX anyway.

Thanks Phillip. Guess I was lucky to get them to go to $95 (of course I can't be sure till I get my check)!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 10/29/07 3:17pm
Msg #218786

I've done two for them and was paid well over $85 for each one - and was paid within 30 days...

Reply by cassiewi on 10/29/07 3:21pm
Msg #218790

Same here, they don't hire me until no one can or will

take the $85. Usually at EOM.

Reply by Elaine Sedlock on 10/29/07 3:29pm
Msg #218793

I guess they just pay what they have to in order to get the job done. Being new to the business I am more willing to work for less to gain experience, but certainly won't give my services away. I'll be more comfortable negotiating when I become more familiar with all the docs and hopefully able to command a more reasonable rate.

Reply by FeliseSoCal on 10/29/07 7:58pm
Msg #218814

I think $85 for edocs is insultingly low for any NSA who knows what they're doing. If experienced NSA's continue to refuse it, then signing services will get what they pay for. A redraw.

Reply by Barbara Leister on 11/15/07 8:53pm
Msg #221540

I've had really bad experiences with Land America. They've gotten really lousy

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.