Notary Rotary
Lia signing
Notary Discussion History

Lia signing
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by hp/MD on 10/4/07 10:51am
Msg #214711

Lia signing

I just refused a signing from Lia signings(847-973-2599) due to bad publicity even though I needed the business. Let me If I did the right thing. Do they still pay or not?

Reply by asigner on 10/4/07 10:53am
Msg #214712

Re: Lia signing-YES THEY DO / N/M n/m

Reply by CJ/OR on 10/4/07 10:53am
Msg #214713

They pay. But, like many right now, they are really slow. I haven't given up on them yet.

Reply by Lee/AR on 10/4/07 11:05am
Msg #214717

If they are using 'tomorrow's' money to pay 'today's' bills, they are in some kind of trouble. If you wish to extend unsecured credit, go for it. Just realize you are playing a financial version of Musical Chairs...where will you be when the music stops?

Reply by Nancy M. Misenar on 10/4/07 11:12am
Msg #214719

I have not had a problem with them in the 3 years I have done closings for them, they pay.

Reply by Michelle_KY on 10/4/07 11:20am
Msg #214723

I'm getting paid. I've seen a lot of negative comments on them, but I continue to find checks in the mail from them. There was a brief period this summer where payment took over 60 days, but they caught up on all payments to me the following week (without any effort on my part).

I actually have one for them tonight.

Reply by Charm_AL on 10/4/07 11:22am
Msg #214725

they pay, just at a snail's rate.

disclaimer: I did not say slug.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 10/4/07 11:31am
Msg #214730

Seems to be the same MO as

the now defunct (3 letter company) out of Pittsburgh. I sure wouldn't let them get over a couple of hundred $'s back.

Reply by Rose/CA on 10/4/07 3:45pm
Msg #214828

LIA two-page modification

I just agreed to do a "2-page" modification for LIA for Washington Mutual and when I called to confirm docs at the borrower's I learned there is a complete loan package awaiting me. Since I have not seen it yet (until the scheduled appt. time tomorrow) I am taking a chance that it really is only two pages that needed notarization.The borrower is a real estate professional. I am not familiar with modifications- should I have any concerns? LIA has paid (albeit a little slow) in the past.

Reply by snoopdogMs on 10/4/07 4:38pm
Msg #214839

Re: LIA two-page modification

Just curious Rose, what did they offer for the 2-page modification?

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/4/07 6:32pm
Msg #214863

"and when I called to confirm docs at the borrower's I learned there is a complete loan package awaiting me. Since I have not seen it yet (until the scheduled appt. time tomorrow) I am taking a chance that it really is only two pages that needed notarization."

Are you joking? I have loan packages that only have one page that needs notarization. Doesn't mean I don't charge for an entire loan signing.

You were told there's an entire loan package there, why do you need to see it before you believe it? And why on earth wouldn't you pick up the phone and call LIA and tell them there's an entire loan package there and adjust your fee accordingly?

I really really don't understand the way some people choose to run their businesses.

Reply by CJ/OR on 10/4/07 7:04pm
Msg #214875

I agree. Received call Tuesday about a Friday HELOC ... $60 ... very local ... no faxbacks. Reality ... 7 faxbacks. Called SS ... "price didn't include faxbacks" ... fee was increased. Happens all they time. The SS doesn't know what's in the docs until they receive them --- usually same time as we do --- if, at all. Every time I've called to renegotiate based on the requirements being different ... there has been no problem. SS's in question have continued to call so, we haven't lost business.

Look, he needs to understand that if the requirements are substantially different than what was part of the initial agreement, then renegotiate the fee. Not a big deal. If they refuse to renegotiate then I would be concerned. We would still do the job. Why, because if we don't --- we will lose business and another notary gets the assignment during the 11th hour. My wife doesn't like being the notary that gets the call at the 11th hour.

Why do we not want to lose business? Because the mortgage crisis will sort itself out and we intend to be among those still standing --- not forced out of the business by our uncompromising business practices.

Everyone is in trouble right now. You can fight it or accept it and adapt. Those doing the latter will survive ... those doing the former will be doing something else when the industry recovers.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.