Notary Rotary
Message Deleted
Notary Discussion History

Message Deleted
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Above and Beyond Closings - Alice on 10/15/07 9:01pm
Msg #216613

Message Deleted

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Generally Inappropriate

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/15/07 9:10pm
Msg #216616

We are supposed to keep such things in our profile.

Harry should remove your post of my profile. It's not supposed to be a part of the forum.

It is not a loophole. It's my profile. Keep your offerings in the profile and refer to it and keep it off of the forum.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/15/07 9:15pm
Msg #216617

Likewise, I offer P&C insurance and loan brokerage...

and I have it on y profile, if in doubt clear it with Harry. I did, and since I don't sell notary bonds there is no conflict.

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/15/07 9:31pm
Msg #216619

Re: Likewise, I offer P&C insurance and loan brokerage...

I doubt if Harry cares what we have in our profile as long as we keep the bizopps off of this board's forum.

Have you ever noticed how people who have a problem with this don't want to link to their profile?

However, anyone with half a brain can find almost any profile on NR by using Google.

Alice Kadzielawski - Lake Zurich, IL
Available 7 days a week. Coverage areas include ......

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/15/07 9:36pm
Msg #216620

Brenda you research skills are totally Googleawesome!

I remember you smoking out some of the most well hidden posters in the days when we could be anonymous or just an IP code. You are awesome! I've often wondered how you came up with some of them.

Reply by christiSocal on 10/15/07 9:56pm
Msg #216621

Wow, I second that!

With your skills you can dust most of these young whipper-snappers! Of course you can dust this old snapper too. Wink

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/16/07 8:11am
Msg #216631

Re: Wow, I second that!

These days I mind less and less if the dust settles around me, on top of me...wherever...just as long as it settles. Smile

Reply by asigner on 10/16/07 9:39am
Msg #216641

Erle Stanley Gardner

However your writing skills surpass even Erle Stanley Gardner.

We are all wringing our hands and waiting for that best-seller.

See, I tell the truth...sometime.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/16/07 10:34am
Msg #216647

Re: Erle Stanley Gardner, in quality yes, quantity maybe not

Gardner was one of the most prolific writers of all time. He use to have banks of secretaries trying to keep up with his Perry Mason stories and some of the other writings. Gardner was an extremely interesting man and quite an adventurer. I've sat around a campfire with him on the Sea of Cortez side of Mexico's Baja Peninsula on several occasions and he was a lot of fun to be around, and he always camped first class. Thanks for triggering some very pleasant memories, I hadn't thought of him for years. There is a museum opening in his memory in Ventura on Main St. shortly where he created Perry Mason.

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/16/07 10:38am
Msg #216649

Re: Erle Stanley Gardner

Thank you. And, I think that there are several very witty, insightful writers on this board who make this board what it is.

Heck, that was so nice...I just wish I had a mystery story in mind for you. Wink

Reply by Dennis_IN on 10/15/07 10:14pm
Msg #216623

Re: Please Help-I'm confused about Postings & Advertisings on NR

Seems to me that SS's & TC's have access to all our profiles when they find a notary? We can block access but I think that defeats the purpose. Why would a signing service or Title Company want or need to advertise on NR when they pay for the ability to search the site and find me when there is a closing in my area.

Harry? You have chosen not to allow advertising? why? As long as it is done tastefully and does not compete with your business. It seems like a steady revenue stream.

Brenda does not advertise in her posts, well 99%of the time. I have benefited immensely from her website. To be able to draw from the information she has compiled is priceless. But she does advertise a product not just her services. Should this be done on a website and not in a profile? What say you Harry?
It does not bother me when someone posts an opportunity. Sure they will benefit if you choose to participate. Maybe there should be an ADVERTISING board.
We should support each other.
Boy that ended up being a mouthful. Just my .03

Reply by Above and Beyond Closings - Alice on 10/15/07 10:54pm
Msg #216624

Thank you all for responding and clearing up the questions that I had.

Harry - an Advertising board maybe a good avenue for you to explore???

Brenda - Thanks for being the guru. I think I have learned the most from reading your responses. I hope I didn't offend you by using you as my example, I just thought it was the best and clearist of all.

Alice

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 10/16/07 8:09am
Msg #216630

My .02 is that Harry already knows what Brenda's profile says because she seems like the type of person that would consider Harry's rules and ask if there would be a problem if she posted the information there. Besides, its not like Harry is offering a similar product to hers.

Reply by hcampersFL on 10/16/07 7:14am
Msg #216629

Dennis the next thing everyone will want is a board to post recipes to, then one for how to groom my dog, etc. you get the point.

The rules that HARRY has are no advertising on the forum. Put it in your profile and call it a day. Or even better spend some money and get some real advertising and not try to piggy back for free on someone else.

Reply by Dennis_IN on 10/16/07 9:34am
Msg #216640

I agree that there should not be a recipe board. This is a place for Notary/ Signing Agent information. I didn't even realize there was a place for Politics & Leisure posts until a few weeks ago. I use this board to increase my knowledge by reading, asking questions and hopefully I can learn from others experiences in order to improve my business. My point was it is a good thing to keep OT posts off the (Discuss Work) board. I've got a good recipe for Broccoli Salad that I may post in the Leisure board.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.