Notary Rotary
Message Deleted
Notary Discussion History

Message Deleted
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Desiree Jordan on 10/24/07 10:40am
Msg #217994

Message Deleted

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Author Request - Special Exception

Reply by BetsyMI on 10/24/07 10:47am
Msg #217999

Okay we've seen your list of scofflaws. Thanks. n/m

Reply by JamesLee/VA on 10/24/07 10:56am
Msg #218005

Re: Non-payment

Desiree,

Im not sure I agree with you on at least 7 of the companies listed. Notaries Ink and TransContinental are excellent companies. I see at least 7 or more I work with and have never had a problem. Either you are a very busy person to have that many non payors or youre doing something wrong to have that kind of list. I work with about 5 other notaries and we dont have that many non paying companies between us.

Reply by JamesLee/VA on 10/24/07 10:58am
Msg #218006

You are just reposting what you read right? n/m

Reply by Kevin/Ct on 10/24/07 11:23am
Msg #218020

Your proposal for legal action has a number of flaws. In many states you can not sue a foreign defendant in small claims court unless he owns property within the forum state. In which case you would have to sue the foreign defendant in the forum state's Superior Court and rely on the state's long arm statute to effectuate proper in personam jurisdiction over the defendant. The cost of suing in the Superior Court is more than $50.00, but is recoverable as part of your damages if you win.

If other notaries join as plaintiffs through motions to intervene it is possible that the case could be removed to federal court if there is complete diversity ( difference) of citizenship among the parties to the suit and the amount of the claims is at least $75,000.00.

Furthermore...class actions are lengthy processes that take years to resolve.

You are better off filing individual suits, and moving the cases along faster. There are very effective ways to legally pursue collection of delinquent accounts, but the method you have proposed is not one of them.

Reply by LJ on 10/24/07 11:30am
Msg #218024

Transcontintal - What proof do you have?

Other than they haven't paid you?? They have always paid well and ontime.

Reply by MelissaCT on 10/24/07 11:33am
Msg #218027

Desiree - You've posted the same thing 11 times already!

Once is enough. This isn't contributing to the forum when you're just copying & pasting the same exact thing to every post about money being owed.

Reply by Emilia/NJ on 10/24/07 11:41am
Msg #218029

Re: Desiree - You've posted the same thing 11 times already!

AMEN ! Enough Already.

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/24/07 2:33pm
Msg #218088

Seriously

What on earth possesses somebody to post 3 new threads in a row all saying the exact same thing? Not to mention the umpteen other threads where she posted it as a response. Why wouldn't any rational person think that doing it once is enough?

Reply by Phillip/TX on 10/24/07 2:47pm
Msg #218096

Newbie n/m

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/24/07 7:57pm
Msg #218157

That's no excuse

Even with the flood of dumb newbies we get on this board, they pretty much all have the sense to know that they don't need to post their comments over and over and over again.

Reply by Desiree Jordan on 10/25/07 10:18am
Msg #218222

Re: That's no excuse

Neither is calling someone dumb when they're passing along helpful information.
The fact that we're all in the same boat (some bigger than others), means that nobody's in a position to make these kind of judgements against each other. You should take it in the spirit in which it was meant - to SAVE you the SAME trouble - duh! I'm not trying to impress anyone - I'm just trying to get PAID! The suggestion to band together was just that - a suggestion, just like the 1/2 price invoice offer someone else made. Speaking strictly for myself - after being frustrated by my attempts on my own, I was trying to be creative, but effective. I LIKENED it to a class action in principle (a lawyer woul eat up any monies collected), because unless we're talking about MILLIONS, it wouldn't be worth any lawyer's time. I guess when people don't get paid, they lash out at anyone, even someone TRYING to be helpful - wow- amazing!

Reply by Notaries Ink on 10/25/07 10:26am
Msg #218225

Re: That's no excuse

So you are lashing out at many signing/title companies (with good reputations) because a few signing/title companies (with already bad reputations) have not paid you. Being a newbie is no excuse is true, even worse when you truely aren't a newbie.

Reply by sue_pa on 10/24/07 11:32am
Msg #218025

this makes no sense at all

...We could solicit notary/victims thru: the NNA; Signing Agent.com; this website & others.
There's strength in numbers!!!
Are you with me????
A typical civil suit costs $50 or less!!
The more complaints - the less it would cost....

I sent a notice of my pending small claims suit to a company 2 weeks ago giving them 3 days to pay me or I'd be filing. I had my check the next day. I sent another notice to someone this a.m. indicating I'm filing Monday a.m. I've got another one to send out Monday a.m. indicating I'llbe filing Wednesday. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD I WANT YOUR $1.00 TO MUDDY UP MY WATERS? My method of sending them a copy opf the complaint with a letter indicating when it will be filed works just fine for me. if someone owes you money,collect it yourself - don't volunteer to give someone $1.00 to do it for you. As usual, perhaps I just misunderstand what you're saying.

Reply by ME/NJ on 10/24/07 12:03pm
Msg #218033

Some of those companies do pay timely

Best bet is to research, I know when I see a few bad comments I may turn down the service. But one of them listed is one of my best clients and I almost never took work from them because of a bad review.

Being in business for years you know who to take a chance on, but todays market even good companies may hit a rough spot now and then.

Reply by justin/CA on 10/24/07 12:29pm
Msg #218047

Re: Some of those companies do pay timely

Why on earth would you still be doing signings if your payment history is this bad?

How far does your records go back to assemble this list?

There are several companies on here that I would say you are slandering.

Be Careful...they read these forums

Reply by Loretta Reed on 10/24/07 1:03pm
Msg #218056

Re: Some of those companies do pay timely

Justin, there is a fine line with the "slandering" rule. If it is true and you are posting your history (you better be able to back up what you say), then I see no problem with people listing the problems they have with other companies. However, I think that she has posted enough today to beat that dead horse one more time. JMHO. (Opinions, like butts, we all have one) Smile

I'm not picking on anyone here, just giving my opinion. I get ticked off sometimes and like to rant, we all have a bad day every now and again.

Reply by dickb/wi on 10/24/07 1:47pm
Msg #218076

desirre....to my knowledge Notaries are not.....

licensed....they are appointed........a class action law suit would probably net you nothing by the time it was all said and done........the only class action law suit that i recd any thing from was one against arizona title companis quite some years ago and i recd $1.76 cents.......the attys got the rest...a considerable sum..........listen well to kevin.....he is an atty and makes good sense of things.....just my .02 worth......

Reply by kate_nortca on 10/24/07 2:04pm
Msg #218078

Precision Closings pays. And they read this board. Unless you know something is true I would not be posting that list or anything like it in this venue.

Kate

Reply by Michael DePaolis on 10/24/07 3:43pm
Msg #218113

Precision closing pays on time always

I have done many closigns for Precision closing and I honestly never had any problems with them not paying. They have always paid on time. I will gladly continue performing closings for them. Their fair , their documents are always accurate.

Reply by JanelWI on 10/24/07 4:39pm
Msg #218126

Re: Desiree

Many of these companies that I see I have been paid no problem. Usually under 30 days no more than 30-45. I am not sure what is going on. I am concerned however that you have this list of companies and your profile here on NotRot is blank except for phone numbers. It says nothing about you. How are any of us expected to take you seriously if you have this extensive list of non-paying companies and no profile of your work ethic or experience to back it up?

Reply by Notaries Ink on 10/24/07 5:27pm
Msg #218133

I have also sent you a private message, but I would like clarification as to why we are on your "other Scoffolds" list. We pay our notaries promptly...I'm not saying we have missed one...but all in all we pay fair and as agreed.

Reply by JanelWI on 10/24/07 5:44pm
Msg #218139

Re:To Notaries Ink

I began my independent CNSA business in 2003 and have many many contacts that I worked very hard to get; I sure don't have that many non-payments! It just does not make sense.

I urge her caution before she starts posting. I have had situations where my checks have gone to other people and cashed, sent to the wrong address, they didn't have a current W9 on file, just plain overlooked at times, I entered them wrong in Quickbooks...etc....I could go on and on. My point is....she could be losing good companies like yours and many others on her list that I know for a fact pay on time because I do many closings for them! If I were her I would make darn sure it was not notary error first before I started posting. She also needs to spend more time on her profile, it's blank. It says nothing about her experience.

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/24/07 8:13pm
Msg #218162

I'll back this up. I haven't done that many signings for you, but I've never had a problem with payment for any of the ones that I have done, always received it in a timely manner.

Reply by Desiree Jordan on 10/25/07 9:49am
Msg #218211

Notaries Ink SHOULD NOT be on this list.
I received payment in Sept.
I apologize for my error

Reply by OR on 10/24/07 8:07pm
Msg #218159

Re:I counted 4 that pay me on time and fairly to boot n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.