Notary Rotary
My Re-Fi---Long
Notary Discussion History

My Re-Fi---Long
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by WDMD on 10/17/07 11:59am
Msg #216931

My Re-Fi---Long

Refinanced my home recently. Was not thrilled with the NSA sent out. She was not aware I also did this. First thing she wanted was my thumbprint in her journal. As I wanted to get this closed I went ahead and provided it, but my wife refused. This notary informed us if the thumbprint as not provided she would not conduct the closing. Maryland does not require thumbprints. I convinced my wife to go ahead and provide it anyway, just to get this done.

Then the NSA had me sign her journal. She did not like my signature, as she told me she had to be able to tell what it said. I told her that was my signature and that was the way I was signing. She told me somewhat snottily, that she was not going to argue with me, and that I should expect to have to re-sign the documents. I said if you want a legible signature then just have my wife sign my name, as it would be the same as me signing something that was not my actual signature.

Her presentation of documents left alot to be desired also. Any document that did not need an initial or signature she would just say what the document was and then flip over the pages until she got to the signature page. I did not mind that to much for the documents that were not important, but when she tried it with the note and deed I grabbed the flipped over pages from her and read them.

Her overall demeanor was frankly rude. When she was leaving I told her to drive safely in the rush hour traffic and she just kept on walking out the house. She didn't even say goodbye. It was a good thing I needed to get that closed right away or her behind would of been out the door right at the beginning. Needless to say when I close my next loan next week I am going to make sure the title company sends someone different.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 10/17/07 2:52pm
Msg #216963

I'm a Maryland closing agent for several years. I've bailed out many companies due to rude, stupid closers, this woman takes the cake. You should complain to whom ever hired her they would probably take you seriously since you are a closer too.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.