Notary Rotary
Mysteries of the HUD
Notary Discussion History

Mysteries of the HUD
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Hugh Nations Signing Agents of Austin on 10/10/07 9:57pm
Msg #215901

Mysteries of the HUD

Just printed out a packet, and noted with some gratification that I was listed on the HUD.

Then noted with even greater mortification that my fee was listed as $10.

Reply by Monica Valle-Cavero on 10/10/07 10:11pm
Msg #215904

Did you contact the SA or title co.? I have had this happen to me recently, I just sent an invoice along with the package and title co. corrected my fee no problem. Best of luck to you. I hope you were able to get it corrected in time.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 10/11/07 5:33am
Msg #215915

Might have been parting "notary fee" ONLY ...

Since the NOTARIAL fee is a non-APR fee, they may simply have been showing it correctly, if they counted or guesstimated the number of notarizations x allowable fee.

Lender's software auto-calculates the APR from the fees as they are input into the appropriate lines of the Hud. Certain lines of the Hud are hard-coded into the APR calculation. If and when Title does their own Hud, they will generally follow the Lender's Hud line-by-line.

So - listing the NOTARY FEE on the Notary Fee line, and putting the name of the Notary - but parting OUT the SA fee (usually it would be rolled into the Settlement/Closing Fee, but COULD be input into a manual line on the Hud) is actually a correct/precise way of preparing the Hud, and not someone's attempt to cut your fees.

Reply by bigdog on 10/11/07 10:56am
Msg #215973

Re: Might have been parting "notary fee" ONLY ...

I've had that happen a couple of times. What Renee said is right. Some Title companies don't list the entire fee on HUD. I've always been paid what was agreed to. But check with Title to be sure.

Reply by Hugh Nations Signing Agents of Austin on 10/11/07 11:10am
Msg #215977

Re: Might have been parting "notary fee" ONLY ...

I grasp that, Renee. However, the notary fees would have been greater than the $10 listed and $10 is not a multiple of a normal fee a Texas notary would charge for either a jurat or an acknowledgement. My fee was indeed included in the Settlement/Closing Fee. They had carved out the estimated notary fees.

I just took it to be a declaration of what they thought I was really worth, regardless of what I'm charging them.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.