Notary Rotary
NC Driver’s Licenses
Notary Discussion History

NC Driver’s Licenses
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by NCsignguy on 10/8/07 8:57am
Msg #215388

NC Driver’s Licenses

Anyone who has an NC driver’s license knows after a 2 years it can be tough to read. I know I have had mine for 2 years and the numbers are fading which brings me to my question. When the numbers are fading and you can’t read critical parts of the drives license what do you do if they have no other government issued ID? This only seems to be an issue with NC because of the poor quality of the driver’s license.

Reply by Ernest__CT on 10/8/07 9:48am
Msg #215391

It's not just NC Drivers' Licenses

CT Drivers' Licenses have the expiration date and date of birth printed in red on a blue background. ("Huh?", you say. "What's wrong with that?"Wink The trouble is, the color values of the red and the blue are too close, making it difficult to read. It is supposed to make it harder to conterfeit.

I did a signing for a police officer who stated that even the police have trouble reading the data. At night, in the squad car, it is sometimes impossible, he said. The officers don't want to turn on a bright light (cancels their night vision, makes them a good target for someone with a gun), so ....

In answer to your question, though, I carry two magnifying glasses. One has a built-in white light, t'other has a UV LED. Those help a lot!

Reply by Phillip/TX on 10/8/07 11:13am
Msg #215405

Re: It's not just NC Drivers' Licenses

Or you could go down and get a new license... that will give you the next two years of good readable numbers! But if NC is like TX that will cost you $11.00!!

Just an idea.

Reply by laurielnc on 10/8/07 3:39pm
Msg #215470

I just had to redo my driver's license because of bad film. Mostly my picture was fading.(They replaced it for free) NC does have problems with the license holding up. Now when I call I ask about the ID being current and readable. One guy washed his license in the wash and his picture was gone! Fortunately I asked before going and he ran out and got a new one. They are hard to take pictures of because of the holagrams. I carry a copier because sometime their copies that they make for me don't turn out either. My copier seems to pick up the letters even if faded. Hopefully the newer licenses will hold up better, but don't hold your breath.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/8/07 4:09pm
Msg #215478

I found, with Florida drivers licenses, if it is a male borrower the license is often faded and unreadable in places. This is usually because the male borrower keeps his license in his wallet in his back pocket.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.