Notary Rotary
National Signing Network LLC AKA NEXUS Signing Solutions LLC
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by JAGGWIN on 10/5/07 9:12pm
Msg #215170

Both of these companies are based in Dayton Ohio. Nat'l signing network was owned by Brian Bayliss and Dan Schmalz. They did not pay all of their outstanding invoices before they shut their doors. Now, Dan Schmalz has opened another signing service. Nexus has a website, but it is not EVER manned by a person as it shows they have a live chat, that has never had anyone there! No one ever returns a call. I have an outstanding invoice and I dont really care which of the 2 wants to pay me, but I would appreciate some response from SOMEONE. During these slow times we notaries cannot afford these deadbeats!

Reply by Joan_OH on 10/5/07 10:40pm
Msg #215190

Don't forget St8tewide.....

Also owned by one of the two. I have been owed since January by National Signing.

Joan-OH

Reply by JAGGWIN on 10/6/07 1:33pm
Msg #215238

Re: Don't forget St8tewide.....

Yes, you are correct. Brian B. opened "Statewide Closing" after his split from Nat'l Signing. That was discovered after speaking with his former employee, Mindy. Thank you for your input.

Reply by Lora/FL on 10/6/07 10:55pm
Msg #215290

Re: National Signing Network AKA NEXUS Signing Solutions LLC

Spread the word! That's the best defense for unethical companies such as these. Hard times can fall upon anyone but doing the right thing should be a no-brainer, plain and simple. For every good deed and wonderful company out there, there seems to be companies like Nexxus, etc. ready to scam all they can. How in the world can they be getting new business? Hopefully signing agents will use this very powerful forum and means of communication to preview the postings before accepting or performing the signings...and spread the word.
I received a VERY negative email from Dan S. after I sent him an email, copying the BBB, Progressive Land Title, Mortgage Plus, and The Dayton Daily News. It was rather humorous, actually. Stated a bunch of BS regarding complaint resolution, etc. Anyone interested in seeing what he sent, pm me and I'll gladly forward it to you. Like I said...spread the word and folks like this will find it hard to survive.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.