Need Case number for EFS Bankruptcy
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Laurie Jenkinson on 10/17/07 3:30pm
Msg #216969

Hi,

Does anyone have or know how to get the EFS - Express Financial Services Bankruptcy Case number?

Thank you,

Laurie

Reply by Phillip/TX on 10/17/07 3:54pm
Msg #216987

Go to the website for the State they filed in, it should have link for bankruptcy in that district.

Like in Texas we have like 4 districts for bankruptcy, so you have to know which one it was filed in, and you can find the case number that way.

Reply by Laurie Jenkinson on 10/17/07 5:38pm
Msg #217018

I've tried a number of search options, but have not been able to locate the correct area.

Reply by sue_pa on 10/17/07 8:03pm
Msg #217046

why do you think they have filed? If and when they do, the notary/appraiser/abstractor boards will all be a buzzing once the first person receives their notice from the court.

Reply by Nick/MD on 10/18/07 8:22am
Msg #217106

as of last Friday, there was no docket # yet... my attorney is working on my case against them now and checking weekly.

Reply by djmobilenote on 12/17/07 10:00am
Msg #226466

Expressed Financial has filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in the Western District of PA, Bankruptcy No. 07-27374JAD.

Reply by William Price on 1/21/08 10:54am
Msg #231624

To all creditors and parties in interest of Express Financial Services, Inc. ("EFS"Wink and Express Title Services of Ohio, Inc. ("ETS"Wink. My name is William C. Price and I am an attorney at the law firm of McGuireWoods LLP. My firm was recently retained by the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of EFS and ETS (the "Committee"Wink. The Committee is the responsible party for optimizing claims of unsecured creditors of EFS and ETS. I am the primary responsible attorney for the Committee. You may contact me at the below contact information:

William C. Price
McGuireWoods LLP
625 Liberty Avenue, 23rd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
412-667-7990
[e-mail address]

I am happy to answer any questions you may have concerning the status of EFS and ETS's bankruptcy proceedings and the efforts undertaken by the Committee to optimize the claims of EFS and ETS's creditors.

As many of you have likely already done, a party that believes it is owed money from EFS and/or ETS should file a proof of claim with the Bankruptcy Court, or its authorized representative. At this time, parties should direct proofs of claim to the Clerk of the Bankruptcy Court as noted in the below proof of claim form. The official form for a proof of claim may be obtained at the following address:

http://www.pawb.uscourts.gov/pdfs/forms/Pghproofofclaim.pdf

Please be advised that the bar date for filing such a proof of claim is April 22, 2008. The Bankruptcy Court, or its authorized representative, must actually receive all claims by April 22, 2008.

Again, if you have any questions regarding EFS and ETS's bankruptcy proceedings, please contact me at the office.

Regards,

Bill Price

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.