Notary Rotary
OT: Keep your virus protection updated!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Sylvia_FL on 10/6/07 8:00pm
Msg #215278

I was on the net today when AVG popped up and said I had a virus JS/Psyme and it could not clean it.
It has taken me several hours, and I don't know how the heck I did it, but I got rid of it.
If hadn't got AVG I wouldn't have known.

Reply by Sharon Taylor on 10/7/07 8:03am
Msg #215308

Thanks for the warning, Sylvia - I'm using AVG premium

After buying 16 different Norton, McAfee and CA anti-virus, internet security, total protection type softwares to get my laptop free using the overage on the 55 rebates on the softwares to get my money back for the softwares and have the overage reimburse me for the laptop, I figured it was time to install one of them. So I went to CNET and checked both the site's reviews/ratings and the user reviews/ratings for each software. After careful consideration of the pros and cons of each software, I decided to just sell them all for $10 each on localsalesnetwork and livedeal. LOL Instead I was going to install the free version of AVG which got very good reviews, and then figured I'd just go whole hog and buy the premium version with the extra features. I like AVG a lot.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.