Notary Rotary
OT - Looking for non-notary, non-directory business forum
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Laura Vestanen on 10/17/07 12:47pm
Msg #216938

I am looking for a good online discussion forum for owners of small businesses.
Not directory. Not notary. Just smart people sharing ideas online.

Idea Cafe is good in concept. But the posters are either trying to sell something or they at the newspaper-boy level of knowing how to run a business.

West Coast based would be perfect.

Anyone have any websites to recommend?

Thanks!

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/17/07 1:13pm
Msg #216942

I wish I did. I've been looking and as you say the sites are either people posting stuff to sell or they are business wannabes without a clue. If you find one let me know.

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/17/07 1:18pm
Msg #216944

** I've been looking and as you say the sites are either people posting stuff to sell or they are business wannabes without a clue. **

Those are the kind of sites that this one would turn into if Harry and Traci weren't dilligent to keep our forum free of advertising. Sadly enough, those like Chris Montana and Alice don't seem to get that point.

I agree that it would be interesting to read other forums which had good credible information...if such a thing exists.

Reply by Shannon_Va on 10/17/07 3:08pm
Msg #216964

You guys should look into a BNI group in your area

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/17/07 6:21pm
Msg #217029

BNI is a great networking group! I can't fulfil their rules

becasue I need to travel and can't make every meeting and I don't have a substitute although my daughter likes to go to the meetings if there is no confilct in her schedule. However I substitute for other people when I'm the area and BNI is without a doubt probably one of the best ways to get to know business people in your area. I would strongly recommend anyone in business to check them out and see if its a fit for you! There are usually several in the larger metropolitan areas so if one if full or if the mix isn't to your liking check out the others. If you are in an area that does not have a BNI group one can be started. Thanks for the suggestion Shannon!

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/18/07 2:51am
Msg #217090

LeTip is anothe option...

Fees might be a little less than BNI (been a while since I've done a comparison) - I think it varies by chapter. Also, local Chambers of Commerce might be worth checking into. Again, it will vary greatly by quality from chapter to chapter.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/18/07 2:52am
Msg #217091

Oops... s/b "anotheR" - hard to type with cat on lap! :) n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.