Notary Rotary
OT Turbo Tax
Notary Discussion History

OT Turbo Tax
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Joan Bergstrom on 10/3/07 12:00am
Msg #214392

OT Turbo Tax

I am wondering if the $49.95 fee to exam my return is worth the price?

I just completed my 2006 return with Turbo Tax today and I like it but wonder if there is any real insight to having my taxes analyzed by them for the $49.95 fee?
Thanks

Reply by Linda Juenger on 10/3/07 7:47am
Msg #214413

I use Turbo Tax also. I have not paid the additional fee for the anyalysis. Then again, my taxes are that complicated so I don't feel the need. If there is something you are not sure about, it may be worth having them take a look at it.

Reply by PCasey/CO on 10/3/07 11:17pm
Msg #214673

I did a test last year with TurboTax online, TaxAct, and TaxCut (H & R Block) since all three websites will allow you to complete your taxes online before actually filing. TaxAct was CONSIDERABLY less expensive than either TurboTax or TaxCut the interface was very easy to use and has lots of help available and it gave me EXACTLY the same $ return as I would get through TurboTax, TaxCut would have given me around $100 less on my return and would have cost more. You can e-file your taxes at TaxCut and they also do state taxes if you have them.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.