Notary Rotary
One Notary rips off another Notary
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Roger Kennedy on 10/16/07 2:21pm
Msg #216730

On the website, a member of Notary Rotary has ripped me off not paying me for a closing I have done for them. Back in June on the 11th I did a closing for Shawna Owens (LDSS) I am owed $75 for this closing. I feel that this notary should be SHAMED OFF this notary rotary.

SHAWNA OWENS, PAY UP!!!!!!! I WANT MY $75!!!!!!

Reply by janCA on 10/16/07 2:22pm
Msg #216731

Shawna filed bankruptcy a couple of months ago. You are basically, SOL.

Reply by Roger Kennedy on 10/16/07 2:29pm
Msg #216736

So Shawna doesn't have the guts to let their notaries know about their demise?? It is understandable for a business to go out of business, it is shameless not to let a notary know about their finanical problems. This is a good reason not to have such a business, many businesses go out of business within the first year.

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/16/07 2:33pm
Msg #216738

"So Shawna doesn't have the guts to let their notaries know about their demise??"

Why would she? If I were going to go out of business and stiff a lot of people on payments I owed them, I sure as heck wouldn't be calling them to let them b!tch me out. That's called masochism, not guts.

Reply by janCA on 10/16/07 2:36pm
Msg #216740

I agree with you, Roger. Shawna has been in business for at least 3 yrs, maybe longer, and I am owed quite a bit more than $75, which I know doesn't lessen your outrage, but it has definitely become an epidemic with the SS's shutting their doors and not letting the people that help to fund their business, know they will not be getting paid what is owed to them.

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/16/07 2:31pm
Msg #216737

There were several threads about her business tactics prior to the signing you did. Had you taken the time to search the board you would have seen that she was taking forever to pay, and then bouncing checks that she did send out. Hopefully it's a lesson learned for the future, SEARCH THE BOARD when an unfamiliar company calls you.

Reply by Roger Kennedy on 10/16/07 2:38pm
Msg #216741

Unfortunately, I have been very busy. I do a lot of closings and don't have time to search. I do however turn down the ones I already know that are bad signing companies, such as SOX and Speedy Closings, who calls me from time to time. I am a little behind on who is new at stiffing notaries. I have this slow moment and I decided to come to this board and see what is happening. This part of Arkansas has been very busy and keeps me busy all the time.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 10/16/07 2:41pm
Msg #216743

Glad to hear someone's busy with signings .... n/m

Reply by SOCAL/CA on 10/16/07 3:06pm
Msg #216749

Re: Add David Spear of VA. to the list of rip-off artist n/m

Reply by Teresa/FL on 10/16/07 3:15pm
Msg #216752

Roger, when reading messages from you it says you're in MI

right after your name.

If you are really in Arkansas, you should contact Harry to ask him to correct this.

It sometimes affects the responses you receive when posting.

Reply by Roger Kennedy on 10/16/07 3:52pm
Msg #216758

Re: Roger, when reading messages from you it says you're in MI

I used to be in Mi, I have tried to change my alias, but I don't know how. I guess that I am stuck with it. Another reason I have two listings too. I tried to update but unknowingly I created an extra listing.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 10/16/07 6:50pm
Msg #216801

Roger - click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page,

then you can send a message to Harry to make the corrections needed (deleting your duplicate profile and correcting the state that displays when you post).

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/16/07 3:16pm
Msg #216753

"don't have time to search."

Not a lot of searching to do. All you have to do is to go to Signing Central and click on the company name and look at the forum discussions that are linked to the company.

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/16/07 3:59pm
Msg #216760

Exactly. Anyone doing a lot of signings is printing out a lot of edocs, there's plenty of opportunity to take the measly 2 minutes you need to prevent yourself from getting ripped off.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.