Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
PRINTING FEE REDUCTION - NOT HAPPY AT ALL !!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Ralph Wedertz on 10/27/07 11:13am
Msg #218570

So things have been busy, which is good. Then today I get a message from TransUnion (here we go again) about how wonderful things are and how they are making improvements. Here is an excerpt from their news blast:

Effective November 1, 2007, TransUnion will be reducing the fee paid to Notaries who receive the documents electronically from either us or the lender. We will now pay $15 per order in accordance with the current industry scale. We are researching the opportunity to leverage buying power across our network of partners for supplies and hope to begin in December.

Maybe next year they will probably ask us to "donate" our printing materials. Sure. More chiseling does not make for happy notaries. I, for one, will NOT accept $15 for printing huge sets of documents and then making two copies. Everyone that I work for pays $25 to $35 for printing - $25 is the "industry standard," not $15 - what planet are they signing on?

Reply by Teddog/CO on 10/27/07 12:33pm
Msg #218575

Let's see, gas prices UP again along with everything else. I got the same email from Trans Union. All I can say they better be prepared to ship those docs to me. No Go! on their $15.00 printing fee.
What are these people thinking about it's just plain old NUTS.

Reply by Lee/AR on 10/27/07 1:26pm
Msg #218578

Absolutely agree. Just o/n 'em or pay MY fee. n/m

Reply by pan/nd on 10/27/07 4:36pm
Msg #218594

I don't care if they reduce their e-docs fee to zero.

My fee $xxx is for any kind of delivery: e-docs, overnight or snail-mail

Pay the fee and you choose the delivery method--it's all the same to me.

Reply by Alice/MD on 10/27/07 4:51pm
Msg #218597

Pam !! you said it all. I agree!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Reply by Alice Jones on 10/27/07 5:03pm
Msg #218599

I ment to say to Pan/nd ( not Pam) I agree with the set fee, no matter what choice of delivery method. I don't want to discuss what my cost is for ink and other overhead cost with companies who wants my service. The either agree to accept my fee or move on. Maybe they want the lawyers's fee back.

Reply by ConnieK on 7/22/08 3:23pm
Msg #256324

Re: TransUnion/MDA Lending Solutions Vendor Management

Here is an interesting one! Had a call from TransUnion who is NOW joined with MDA Vendor Mangement company. I accepted signing in my hometown. Docs sent to borrower. BUT noe they needed background check (already signed in February) so I PAY! If I want to check on a doctor or professional, I pay. I said DO NOT deduct $40 for your request that is not needed. They pulled the signing! DUDS!! Tell them to find another sucker, your not there. They took me from their list--did me a favor! I will reply if payment will be received for 2/19/08 signing! I did not know today, the day of signing, if I was still to sign since I refused the $40 deduction! Called borrower to lt them know I may not be their signer. Got a call from Tony at MDA/TransUnion and she said I was not professional by contacting the borrower. I think they thought I would still sign and they would do their little fee deduction. I hung up and said they were the kinky unprofessionals!! I am off their list! Yeah!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.