Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Paid via Paypal OR name on HUD-2 questions for you...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Lora/FL on 10/13/07 4:03pm
Msg #216396

1. Has anyone had any luck with a company paying for a signing through Paypal? Just a thought but wondering if it would be worth setting up on my website-to accept payments via Paypal.
2. Of course this would pertain to title or mortgage company direct business but what % of your business includes your name being listed on the HUD? A few of my regular clients will put my name on the HUD. Seems to me, the more we have this as SOP, (Standard Operating Procedure) the less issue we will have waiting for our payments. After all, most third party companes are listed.
I realize this doesn't take care of the signing company slow or no-pay issues.

Reply by ToniK on 10/13/07 4:10pm
Msg #216399

got paid through paypal

from one signing company who it seems many havent been paid by and the company has dissolved...Nexxus.

I have been listed twice on a HUD and one Title hasnt paid me yet....Kensington Title

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/13/07 4:22pm
Msg #216400

Don't forget if you are listed as being paid from the HUD, and the loan does not fund you may not get paid as there will be no funds to disburse.

Reply by Lora/FL on 10/13/07 9:13pm
Msg #216424

Thanks for responding. I didn't figure there was much that could be done w/ Paypal but it was a thought. As far as the HUD, I didn't even think about what Sylvia pointed out. I guess it's still a good idea to have that confirmation in writing. All the same, I typically haven't asked a title company on the first order but if I do repeat business or have been marketing to them and succeed in getting their business, I always make it a standard question. Figure there's no harm in asking and have been successful a few times. Then it becomes normal.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/13/07 9:29pm
Msg #216425

Lora
Whether it is a title company or a signing company, ALWAYS, if you haven't worked with them before ask if they pay if the loan doesn't fund, and if they say they do, make sure you get it on the confirmation.

Reply by Lisa Prestegard on 10/13/07 7:42pm
Msg #216416

No more paypal for me

Slick loan broker/real estate broker had me run all over creation to get original sigs from a Buyer and collect escrow funds. Took three hours of my day to chase the Buyer down.
I wouldn't do it unless paid in advance via PayPal, so he paid. And I sent back the docs, fully executed using his UPS account number (which he reluctantly gave me). And as soon as he received the docs, he did a "chargeback" on his credit card, stating unauthorized use.

I provided the CC company and PayPal every piece of documentation, including the confirmation and all of our email correspondence, and it did not matter... they always side with the cardholder. Never again.

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/14/07 1:24pm
Msg #216442

Re: No more paypal....what a sorry excuse for a person, Lisa n/m

Reply by Todd/OH on 10/13/07 7:48pm
Msg #216417

I've been successful in getting my name on the HUD only once. It was nice to get paid "like that".

Reply by Lora/FL on 10/14/07 9:56am
Msg #216435

Thanks for responding. I didn't figure there was much that could be done w/ Paypal but it was a thought. As far as the HUD, I didn't even think about what Sylvia pointed out. I guess it's still a good idea to have that confirmation in writing. All the same, I typically haven't asked a title company on the first order but if I do repeat business or have been marketing to them and succeed in getting their business, I always make it a standard question. Figure there's no harm in asking and have been successful a few times. Then it becomes normal.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.