Notary Rotary
Please read regarding Nexus Signing Solutions
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Nexus Signing Solutions, LLC on 10/11/07 5:12pm
Msg #216079

My name is Dan Schmalz I was the former owner of Nexus Signing Solutions, LLC. I want to make this perfectly clear for Jason Nelson of Mason Neck, VA and anyone else with nothing better to do than read this forum. My brother, Dave Schmalz built the website for Nexus Signing Solutions and was in no way involved in the business operations. Due to the collapse of the housing market, Nexus Signing Solutions, LLC has been dissolved and is no longer in business.

Understand that we have the resources and full intention of pursuing a libel suit naming Jason Nelson for any statements posted on notaryrotary.com that could be considered defamation or that could be harmful to a reputation. I am prepared to pursue whatever means necessary to resolve this issue. If you would like my attorney’s contact information send me an email at [e-mail address] I will provide you with his name and number.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Reply by cara on 10/11/07 5:20pm
Msg #216085

Please check with your attorney for the legal definition of libel in your state. I am not aware of one state that does not provide that truth an absolute defense against any claim for libel.

Reply by cara on 10/11/07 5:23pm
Msg #216086

Also, if Nexus Signing Solutions, LLC has been dissolved, why are you still using that name when posting? Additionally, were all its creditors (unpaid signing agents) given prior notice of dissolution?

Reply by cara on 10/11/07 5:26pm
Msg #216088

If you have the resources to pursue a defamation case (quite costly in most jurisdictions), then there should be adequate resources to settle all debts of the former Nexus Signing Solutions, correct?

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/11/07 5:33pm
Msg #216090

Notice cara that he said statements that "could" be

considered defamatory or libel. It is a hollow attempt to silence critics and obviously without the teeth to back it up.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 10/11/07 5:25pm
Msg #216087

"Understand that we have the resources"

Then you will not mind paying back the money that you took for your service and never provided. When can I expect mine?

Reply by Jerry Hoey on 10/11/07 5:38pm
Msg #216091

Mr. Dan Schmalz:

To bad you can't take some of your brotherly love and apply it towards the notaries you have ripped off. If as you say you have the resources to pursue a libel lawsuit, why not take that money and pay your obligations. Then everyone wins.

Just in case you are not aware, there are some signing companies that are in the same predictament as Nexus Signing Solution and they are trying to pay a little at a time.

I'm sure your family and friends must be proud of you.

Reply by Negrete on 10/11/07 5:51pm
Msg #216095

I would just like to know if I can have your customer list so I can take over where you left off. I am a reputable SS that pays there notaries.

Reply by bfd110_IN on 10/11/07 6:26pm
Msg #216105

Please foward your attorneys name to me.

I would like his or her information. You can pm me here or reply to the 10 to 15 emails that I have sent you for payment.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 10/11/07 6:31pm
Msg #216107

Re: Please foward your attorneys name to me.

Sounds like to me that the truth hurts. It doesn't matter what happened to the economy, you may owe a debt to notaries and you are obligated to pay them for services rendered. I can't tell my mortgage company every month that the economy is bad and Express Financial ripped me off so I can't pay my payment. Same thing applies to lame excuses. Can't tell my power company either, cause they will turn the electric off and won't blink an eye.

Reply by TMNOTARY/KY on 10/11/07 6:42pm
Msg #216109

why is your website still up asking people to signup for $29

Dan, Dave (whoever you may be today)

Please explain to me why you are still advertising as a siging company and asking notaries to send in $29.00 (and you can't guarantee a closing to boot). How unreal you thief.. Now why don't you take this back to your "Attorney" and ask him if this is legal.

Reply by Ernest__CT on 10/11/07 6:50pm
Msg #216112

Why does a company that cannot afford to pay its ...

... legitimate bills (and is supposedly _out of business_) still have a Site on the Web advertising itself?r

Google is our friend.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/11/07 7:25pm
Msg #216127

Re: Please foward your attorneys name to me.

if you read my message in a previous thread Nexus had the registered agents name as Christi L Zavakos, and he is an attorney, so I suspect that may be the attorney Dan is meaning.

Reply by MonicaFL on 10/11/07 10:07pm
Msg #216152

Tony, since you are a signing service, and a very good company to work for I might add, I have a question for you. Are signing services required to carry any kind of insurance (or some kind of bond) that might be tapped when the signing service either goes out of business or just decides to "close their doors"? If they have paid for the insurance, (if there is such a thing) I know I had to carry a liability insurance when I owned a staffing agency - one might think that it would be possible to file a claim against that insurance policy. was just wondering - Thanks.

Reply by Murial/NV on 10/11/07 6:46pm
Msg #216111

I don't believe this!! The audacity of a non paying person threatening someone that only wants to be paid.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 10/11/07 6:59pm
Msg #216116

I may off here

But somewhere in my research there are penalties, by law, for not paying a notary their fees. At least in WI. I will try to find that reference. It referred to the fees allowed for notarial acts. Since that is a crucial reason we are hired it is included in the fees.

Reply by pan/nd on 10/11/07 6:50pm
Msg #216114

Nice try Dan...

But your post has got more hot air than a tornado funnel in the Sahara.

If you've got funds to pursue a lawsuit...you've got funds to pay notaires.

I wonder if your attorney knows it might take the next 200 years for him/her to get paid?

Reply by gcn3 on 10/11/07 7:06pm
Msg #216120

You've got some nerve. You stiff CSAs for work done which you were paid for and have the "b's" to talk about defamation. You don't have a reputation to harm.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/11/07 7:19pm
Msg #216126

Weren't you a partner of Brian Bayless - Statewide Closings??
I believe he was the registered agent for National Signings - the other company you opened and closed this year?

I did a Google search for Brian Bayless and found a message from NotaryRotary. But when I did a search for the message on here it had been deleted at the request of Nexus Signing Solutions. I was able to read the message on the web though. It was in response to message 19145

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/11/07 7:48pm
Msg #216133

Nexus Signing Solutions and Schmalz the Schmuck

Please tell me, how is it that you can sue Jason for libel if what he is saying is a fact and you have come here on NotRot and confirmed his statements as FACT?

Good luck with that, Schmuck.

Reply by DebbieT on 10/11/07 7:55pm
Msg #216135

Re: I think PARASITE is a name that fits quite well. n/m

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/11/07 8:12pm
Msg #216138

Re: Nexus Signing Solutions and Schmalz the Schmuck

"posted on notaryrotary.com that could be considered defamation or that could be harmful to a reputation"

First one has to have a reputation to be harmed.

Reply by docs1954CA on 10/11/07 8:24pm
Msg #216141

Oh, Please!!! Give me a break!!You've been lying to all of the notaries you ripped off and you threaten them for telling the truth about you ripping them off? You're lucky you don't owe me any money you Pr*ck! I have the funds to take a scam artist like you to the cleaners.I hope all of the people you've scammed rip you a new a%$hole!!! I also see you don't have the cahones to respond to any of this, typical scammer, ripoff, thief!!! Why don't you start your own nigerian scam letter like the real criminals? What a jerk!!!

Reply by Dawn/PA on 10/12/07 7:12am
Msg #216165

According to the BBB

http://www.dayton.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=3958

Funny how all of your businesses Dan are located at a UPS store. We are here to protect ourselves from people like you.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 10/12/07 7:28am
Msg #216168

Re: According to the BBB

Doesn't look like there are any complaints with the BBB.

Reply by Jason Nelson on 10/12/07 7:32am
Msg #216170

We can not complain, they are technically out of business.

Reply by Sarah/CA on 10/12/07 12:45pm
Msg #216221

The BBB in Dayton emailed me this when I tried to file a complaint. That is why there are not any complaints against them. They won't accept any contract disputes. They weren't any help at all.

"We regret to inform you that the Better Business Bureau cannot process your complaint. The case has been reviewed by one of our Customer Service Representatives and was found to contain issues that are out of the BBB's purview.

It is our policy to process only those complaints that fall into the BBB's scope. Items such as criminal allegations, competency of doctors and lawyers, requests for punitive damages, employer/employee disputes, dissatisfaction with prices charged, cases already involved in litigation, civil right violations, business to business collection issues, etc. are not handled by the BBB".

Reply by Philip Johnson on 10/12/07 9:00am
Msg #216176

Looks like his associate (Mr. Christ L. Zavakos)

works at Sterling title. I wonder if he is up for paying the bills?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/12/07 9:24am
Msg #216178

Re: Looks like his associate (Mr. Christ L. Zavakos)

Christ L Zavakos is listed as the registered agent for Nexus, and when I googled him, he has a law practice in Dayton, Oh. Maybe that is all he is for Sterling Title too.

When I had a corporation, my attorney acted as my registered agent.

Reply by HudsonBayCA on 10/12/07 12:48pm
Msg #216224

And you pay $29.00 to Nexus for him to threaten you

in this matter. How dumb can we be? If I had know this, he wouldn't be owing me $125.00.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.