Notary Rotary
Please read regarding Nexus Signing Solutions-msg216141
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Lora/FL on 10/11/07 10:37pm
Msg #216154

**My name is Dan Schmalz I was the former owner of Nexus Signing Solutions, LLC.
Understand that we have the resources and full intention of pursuing a libel suit naming Jason Nelson for any statements posted on notaryrotary.com that could be considered defamation or that could be harmful to a reputation. **

You gotta be kidding me! What exactly are you smoking? I'm not sure if it's nerve or stupidity to post something on here. One thing is for sure....you'd better have a lot of time and money cause the list of folks you have ripped off seems to be getting longer each day.

** I am prepared to pursue whatever means necessary to resolve this issue.**

I can tell you how to resolve this issue and you don't need to pay an attorney a dime. Do the right thing, Mr. Schmalz, and pay your invoices. It's that easy. No one here is asking for more than what is owed. You may think folks have nothing better to do than read this forum but the truth of the matter is, what goes around comes around and "true colors" always shine through. Thanks to sites such as this, the g/b/u is communicated and some folks are fortunate enough not be taken advantage of.

Reply by Dawn/PA on 10/12/07 7:16am
Msg #216167

What I want to know is, if both of his businesses are closed (per the BBB - Statewide in May and Nexus this month) how come both websites look active? In fact, at Nexus if you click for sign up it takes right to your paypal account. Something just isnt right there.

Reply by Negrete on 10/12/07 8:32am
Msg #216173

And According to the BBB ( See Link )

He is also involved in a Title Co. What a scammer.

http://www.dayton.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=3958

Reply by CopperheadVA on 10/12/07 9:34am
Msg #216182

Nexus called me for a job about two months ago, thanks to

the NotRot chat board I was aware to JUST SAY NO! Otherwise, I would be trying to collect right about now. Thanks NotRot!

Reply by lubi on 10/12/07 12:55pm
Msg #216225

Re: Nexus called me for a job about two months ago, too.

He emailed me to do signing in Jacksonville, FL. And payment was more than usual SS fee. I checked the Notary Rotary and I see big NO-NO. He contacted me by cellphone and I told him: "You don't pay for job done and I am not going to work for you!" His response: "Hmmm". It was true and he didn't fight with me.

Reply by DogmongerCA on 10/12/07 9:47am
Msg #216184

For those of you who are owed money by this guy

Since he is obviously operating through a website and soliciting money through the company name, I would file a small claims case against him ASAP. It is obvious he has disolved his LLC and has no corporate shield. Make sure you document his website activity and also copy his thread below with the threat of suit, and his claim of having resources to carry out such a suit. Make sure you get dates of his dissolution of incorporation of both of his signing services and if legal in your state, research the possiblity of placing a lien on his UPS, since you are going after him personally. This is not intended as legal advice, rather what I would do if I were owed money. Happy hunting:-)

Reply by Jason Nelson on 10/12/07 9:49am
Msg #216186

Re: For those of you who are owed money by this guy

Thank you. I will.

Jason

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/12/07 10:39am
Msg #216198

On the flip side...why in the world would any of you...

sign an agreement with this wording? If you are owed by this JackBag and you signed this agreement, you screwed yourself from the get go. You basically gave up your right to collect.

>>>Complaints shall not be communicated orally, by telephone, or via e-mail. Notary agrees not to report any dispute with Nexus Signing Solutions, LLC to any outside organization or agency. Notary further agrees that under no circumstances shall he or she contact the lender or title/escrow company about payment of Notary’s fees. Violation of this provision shall result in forfeiture of agreed Notary compensation.<<<

To read the complete agreement http://www.nexussigningsolutions.com/VirtualTitle/anon/INSAA.aspx

Reply by DogmongerCA on 10/12/07 11:13am
Msg #216205

Hard to be held to a contract with a entity

that has been dissolved:-)

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/12/07 11:22am
Msg #216207

IMO, if you signed his crappy agreement and paid $29...

you got what you deserved.

Who in their right mind would sign such a one sided agreement and pay money up front to boot?

Reply by DogmongerCA on 10/12/07 1:34pm
Msg #216234

My rule of thumb, I work to get paid, I don't pay to get

work, with the exception of legit advertising opportunities. I don't give money to unproven schemes like the one mentioned above, nor Nigerian letters full of oil money, nor e-mail beta tests, or overseas lottery winnings. That being said, this "contract" isn't worth the paper it is written on , IMHO, because the legal entity that issued it has been dissolved. PS.... for some of you folks not used to dealing with contracts, it is perfectly acceptable for you to line out and initial anything in a contract that is not in your best interests. They also have the right to not sign or execute. If you don't look out for your best interests, do you think a SS will??????:-)

Reply by Lora/FL on 10/12/07 5:57pm
Msg #216296

Re: My rule of thumb, I work to get paid, I don't pay to get

When I accpepted the order, the website was not asking for any fee to register and that agreement did not exist. As a matter of fact, after I notified both the title company and lender of the non-payment issue, along w/ the Dayton Daily News and the BBB,( who refused to do anything) that is when Dan fired an email off to all, saying to disregard what I had to say and included a portion of that agreement. I replied that I had never seen nor signed such nonsense and to present it but of course he couldn't.
His comments yesterday blame the market on his demise. We all know otherwise. Thanks to the folks that did contact the title companies, my guess is they dropped him as well as the folks that visited the posts here also steer cleared. Knowledge is power. I warned him that by not paying me, I would cost him far more than the mediocre fee he owed to me. Again, what goes around.........
I wish there was something we could do as a group. Too insignificant to file a class action but it sure would be fun. PS---I ain't finished w/ Mr. Schmalz. :-)

Reply by Jason Nelson on 10/15/07 2:49pm
Msg #216568

Re: My rule of thumb, I work to get paid, I don't pay to get

Sign me up for any lawsuits/class action. I want to start with a small claims suit but not sure how to sue a company that has folded. Any suggestions?

Jason

Reply by CONNIE/PA on 12/11/07 8:33pm
Msg #225564

Mr. Schmalz, as a paralegal, I'm fully aware that libel is next to impossible to prove in a court of law. Also, it would soak up more money in attorneys' fees and court costs than if you just paid your notary invoices. Besides, if what Jason Nelson and everyone else is saying about you is true, than its not libel.

Jason, continue your pursuit because if you are sued, you can file a counter claim for next to nothing and get the money due to you, and then some. ;-)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.