Notary Rotary
Printer help please. Does anyone have any suggestions on
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Cam/CA on 10/17/07 10:18pm
Msg #217068

what else I can do to print from legal to letter size? I have tried changing the setting to letter size and then "shrink to printable area" and then I tried "fit to printable area" and it still cuts the bottom off. I have an HP3390. Thanks for any help.

Reply by JK/TX on 10/17/07 10:53pm
Msg #217075

Are you printing PDF..... if so, did you choose the option "none" and below that option choose the option to let the program/printer decide paper size.

Or maybe, you need to go to startup, settings, printer ....and choose your default printer and set your setting there. If you have dual trays, it sounds like you don't have your tray options set which need to be setup thru this 2nd suggestion..... but I don't have that model/brand.

Reply by Cam/CA on 10/17/07 10:56pm
Msg #217076

Re: Thanks JK will try that n/m

Reply by MichiganAl on 10/17/07 11:02pm
Msg #217077

You're not trying to shrink loan docs, are you?

Can't see why you'd want to shrink from legal to letter, companies don't want you to alter doc sizes. That said, I just printed a legal size pdf page on letter with my printer, both "shrink to printable area" and "fit to printable area" worked perfectly. The preview should show you what's being printed. Are you using the latest Adobe Reader, Adobe 8? I have an HP3100, maybe someone else who has a 3390 can tell you more.

Reply by Cam/CA on 10/18/07 1:07am
Msg #217086

Re: Yes, it's a construction loan and I was told to print on

letter size. It's just the escrow docs that are legal that I am having trouble with.I have adobe 8 and I still can't get it to work will call HP in the morning.

Reply by SharonMN on 10/18/07 11:16am
Msg #217142

Re: Yes, it's a construction loan and I was told to print on

I certainly wouldn't be trying to shrink legal sized docs to print on letter no matter what they told me. You aren't a desktop publishing service, you're a signing agent. I would print the letter sized docs on letter and everything else on legal. That's probably what they meant anyway, since it appears the only legal sized docs are from escrow.

Reply by Cam/CA on 10/18/07 5:08pm
Msg #217197

Re: Thanks Sharon, but I understood my instructions just

fine. "Print all docs. on 81/2" x 11" paper". I also printed some docs 9pgs on Legal (just for the borrower so he could see all the figures etc) as well as letter size.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.