Notary Rotary
Question
Notary Discussion History

Question
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Nancy M. Misenar on 10/5/07 8:36am
Msg #214932

Question

Has anyone ever gone to a closing without confirmation with the client? May sound like a silly question, but I have been in this business for 8 years and never have I not been able to contact the client to confirm the appt. The SS told me to just go, if I need a number they would supply it. I have called the SS numerous times and still no feedback. When you live in a rural area and going to another rural area with no cell service I am a little uneasy. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Reply by BetsyMI on 10/5/07 8:40am
Msg #214934

Your post wasn't entirely clear, but I think you're saying you got a confirmation from the SS however you haven't been able to confirm with the bwr because you weren't given a phone number. The SS just wants you to go to the signing without talking to the bwr.

If that's correct, before you go, I'd tell the SS that you get paid your fee no matter what. And then demand that in writing.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 10/5/07 8:41am
Msg #214935

Do you have from the SS a confirmation showing you'll be

no matter what? Without that I'm not sure I'd go out a great distance.

Reply by Nancy M. Misenar on 10/5/07 9:05am
Msg #214942

Re: Do you have from the SS a confirmation showing you'll be

Thanks,
yes this is this morning and an hour and a half drive for me one way, I live in Montana, at this point I am ready to tell them to find someone else. They the SS told me that the lender said to the borrower that a notary would just show up. I will call again this morning, put alittle heat under their seat.....

Reply by claudine osborne on 10/5/07 9:04am
Msg #214941

I have gone to an appointment without confirming, I do not like it, I feel I'm taking a big chance, I get a confirmation of my fee regrdless if client is there or not. It would also depend on whom I am working for. I would not go too far of a distance.

Reply by pan/nd on 10/5/07 9:51am
Msg #214948

If the SS is so derelict in not supplying you with the borrower's phone#...it's probably an

indication they may be derelict when it comes time to pay you.

I wouldn't put up with that baloney.

It's "either you get me a phone # or the deal's off."

No way would I drive 30, 50 or 70 miles one way on a "maybe the borrower is home."

I'd do it only if the SS is willing to pay full fee (doubtful) if the borrower isn't there.

Heck, if the SS doesn't intend to pay you period, they'll agree to anything.

PS,

Once I got the phone #...not only would I establish contact with the borrower..I'd go over the

terms of the deal and the HUD..to make sure all is corrrect before I drove 30-50-70 miles one way only to find the borrower won't sign because everything is messed up.

Been there, done that.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.