Notary Rotary
Redwing
Notary Discussion History

Redwing
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by natogan on 10/22/07 3:01pm
Msg #217682

Redwing

I conducted the signing for them on Friday. It was a first signing with them. Ed and Lisa sounded very professional and responsive. So I hope I'll not have a problem to get paid.

Honestely, the subject to be paid or not is so irritated. I forwarded the letter to SOS (CA) These unpaid practices are going on and on and should be encumbranced by the decisions of SOS. So many Signing Agencies do not pay their notaries. I know that my letter is like a drop for the ocean, but still we can't remain silent. Likely, I received reply from Bowen that they are working on this matter. Let's see what they can do.

Reply by John_NorCal on 10/22/07 4:00pm
Msg #217694

Rather than forwarding letters to the Sec of State, the BBB, etc, maybe people should considered complaining to the Attorney General's office. I'm not a lawyer, etc, but perhaps if there is any hint of criminal intent then they should be involved.

Reply by natogan on 10/22/07 4:49pm
Msg #217704

Yes, I agree with your point. I receive a reply from General Attorney referring me to SOS.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 10/22/07 4:55pm
Msg #217705

Every time I have contacted AG in various states, they were not interested.

Reply by Kari_M on 10/23/07 12:18am
Msg #217765

Re: Notary Beware is doing something...

I read somewhere that Notary Beware is working on some kind of legislature or SOMETHING to help with the problem of SS's stiffing the Notaries. I'll have to read up on it, and get back to you.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 10/23/07 7:39am
Msg #217777

Re: Notary Beware is doing something...

One State SOS responded to me that they do not handle matters of Moral turpitude (think I got that right. They only cover notarial acts. Most AG's respond only to attorneys and elected officials. I think its a matter of controling volume. The SOS here does contact the AG with questions. and requests for opinions.

Reply by Sandy/CT on 10/23/07 10:26am
Msg #217808

There are so many notaries that have not been getting paid.

It seems like it is crucial for these mortgages to get signed the same day but, they don't feel the same way about paying their notaries.

There should be stricker rules because if they keep taking us for granted.. they could loose there livelyhood.

Reply by LOVETEAM on 10/25/07 10:14am
Msg #218218

I did one for Red Wing a while ago. There was some confusion on the docs, and extra printing have to be done. With that said, they paid on time, and compensated for the extra issues we had to deal with. I would work for them again

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.