Notary Rotary
Request fire info.
Notary Discussion History

Request fire info.
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by CJ on 10/23/07 1:02am
Msg #217773

Request fire info.

I am watching the TV, and they are too vague for me as to where fires are. WHERE in Santa Clarita? WHERE in Santa Ynez? If you know intersections, road closures, directions of flame movements, in any city, could you please post it? Then we can mapquest it. Thanks.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 10/23/07 1:05am
Msg #217774

See Msg. #217741 for a link to map/locations n/m

Reply by CJ on 10/23/07 9:36am
Msg #217798

That map is helpful, but I would still like others to respon

The map is only for San Diego. There are fires all in these counties: Santa Barbara, Ventura, San Bernardino, Los Angeles, and Orange, as well as San Diego. The TV just shows flames filling the screen and names cities. The news focuses on some fires and ignores other. For example, I am never hear anything about the Santa Ynez and Piru fires. Here is another map for Los Angeles County, but it also just shows their local fires. I can see more where the fires are by looking at the evaculation marks. Thanks for your help.

http://lafd.blogspot.com/

Reply by CJ on 10/23/07 9:59am
Msg #217799

P.S.

The map I just posted does list all the fires, not just the Los Angeles County ones.
http://lafd.blogspot.com/

Reply by Rose/CA on 10/23/07 10:13am
Msg #217806

Santa Ynez/Santa Barbara County

Santa Ynez is where the Sedgwick fire is right now and that is located north of Santa Barbara, not far from where the Zaca fire originated. Since the winds have decreased around here in Santa Barbara, the firefighters seem to be getting an upperhand on things. So far, no structures have been lost and no injuries reported and it is 100% contained. We can see lots of red sky to the south of us but we are grateful the winds have calmed down for now.

Reply by CJ on 10/23/07 10:38am
Msg #217812

Thank you Rose!

I am in Ventura County, and I had NO IDEA what was happening with that.

Reply by Rose/CA on 10/23/07 11:14am
Msg #217818

welcome! good luck! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.