Restricted or Unavailable Phone numbers
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Jersey_Boy on 10/24/07 9:57am
Msg #217975

Alright, I've had enough.

If you call me, and have a phone number that comes up either RESTRICTED, UNAVAILABLE, or UNKNOWN:

BE IT KNOWN, that I will not answer your call.

Thank you.

Sheesh

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 10/24/07 10:06am
Msg #217976

I'm the same way.......

For like a month straight I kept getting restricted calls. Each time I'd answer, the caller would hang up. So, since several months ago, if a number doesn't appear on my caller ID, I don't bother answering.

Reply by Desiree Jordan on 10/24/07 10:18am
Msg #217980

Scofflaws

Sorry for my longgggg posting (full of typos no less!), but I am passionat & PISSED OFF!!
Let's do this!!
Please respond if you're interested.
With all the different sites (NNA) - we could ammas a real force behind this BS!

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 10/24/07 12:24pm
Msg #218044

It is tough enough to get work these days, without ....

making yourself more difficult to reach.
If you answer a call and determine that you do not want
to speak to the caller, then hang up.
If they do leave a message when you don't answer, then you have
to check your voice mail and return the call. Takes more time and cell minutes than
if you had just answered it in the first place.
If the call was for a job, then it may not be available when you call back.
The only # that I give out is my cell phone. I have unlimited minutes, so
there no reason not to answer.
On my home phone, if the # is restricted, then I let the machine pick
up and determine if I want to talk up when I find out who is calling.

Reply by Blueink_CA on 10/24/07 12:32pm
Msg #218049

Re: Something I just found out

I recently started getting a ton of telemarketing calls. I didn't know your number on the do not call list expires. I needed to register again and that solved the problem. www.donotcall.gov

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 10/24/07 2:44pm
Msg #218094

Re: Something I just found out

The Federal Trade Commission will not drop any telephone numbers from the National Do Not Call Registry based on a five-year expiration period pending final Congressional or agency action on whether to make registration permanent.
Read more about it at http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2007/10/dnctestimony.shtm.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 10/25/07 4:00am
Msg #218186

Might want to answer those ...

The last corporate job I had, all our phones were set that way by the IT folks (some kind of phone system that was somehow linked to the IT stuff - way over my head!). I think it has to do with the line-number that you might be calling out on would not be the same actual number a caller would call IN on, and there was also some mention about privacy (this was a lender), where they didn't want the name/number left showing on people's caller-id as it might be considered a breach. Cripe - you know how corporate policies get ridiculous.

I think a lot of multi-line systems are set that way, though.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.