Notary Rotary
SHAME ON THE LENDER, LOAN-CLOSERS AND THE NOTARY
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by ToniK on 10/2/07 12:29pm
Msg #214255

the lender for asking to backdate a loan, the SS for asking me to accomodate the Lender (which I refused) and the Notary who accepts that job. What a waste of cell phone minutes!!!!!

Reply by Loretta Reed on 10/2/07 12:35pm
Msg #214256

You can easily find out who the notary is. In about a month, go to the office that records the deed of trust in the county the property is located in and you can see the recorded document. It's public information.

Reply by LisaWI on 10/2/07 12:35pm
Msg #214258

Re: Good for you Toni

Stick with your ethics and you will come out a winner in the end. I would bet a lot of backdating is going on right now with the slow down in signings, yeah or nay?

Reply by Phillip/TX on 10/2/07 12:37pm
Msg #214260

Slow or not, there should never be any backdating done... in my opinion.

I back you Toni!!!

Reply by christiSocal on 10/2/07 3:43pm
Msg #214311

Hopefully those who do back-date are also those who won't make it thru the rough times...

Reply by CJ on 10/2/07 4:24pm
Msg #214316

I'd rather sit home for nothing than risk everything . . .

. . . by backdating. I would rather sleep at night than worry if a FELONY is going to catch up with.

One time, when I was new, I asked the SS why backdating was wrong. I was not going to do it, I just wanted a better understanding. She said that if we backdate, all the borrower has to do to get out of the loan is say, "We backdated", and they are off scott free. But the Title company, the SS, the notary, and EVERYONE ELSE is in trouble.

Thank you, I will NEVER even be TEMPTED to backdate.

(And the person who suggests it is committing a misdomeaner, probably for conspirisy to commit a felony.)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.