Notary Rotary
ServiceLink
Notary Discussion History

ServiceLink
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by maddieNJ on 10/11/07 9:43am
Msg #215934

ServiceLink

They suck. They overnight docs, don't tell you they have to fax docs title docs to you, you then are expected to to print a copy for the borrower as well - then do fax backs when it's complete - all for $65?! Good luck Servicelink. Not worth my time.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/11/07 9:50am
Msg #215936

A lot of companies, when overnighting docs, will fax the title docs and of course you have to print out a copy for the borrower.

However - not for $65!! They have become a real lowball company.

Reply by maddieNJ on 10/11/07 9:52am
Msg #215938

Well right - a lot of companies do fax title docs, but they usually tell you when they book you - I just never worked for them before so I was surprised that they would offer $65 for a really time consuming job. Not worth my time at all.

Reply by docs1954CA on 10/11/07 10:15am
Msg #215946

That's the problem with this outfit, they won't tell you unless you ask.They'll say "it's overnight docs, nothing to print", then when you get their 4 pages of instructions you'll see that they'll be sending over some docs.Turns out to be all of their "garbage docs" plus the HUD, usually 20+ pages to print twice.If you work for these people ask lots of questions, because they won't be upfront with you about what the job will involve.

Reply by Jason Nelson on 10/11/07 1:55pm
Msg #216037

They are really cheap and nickel and dime you to death.

Reply by ME/NJ on 10/11/07 10:20am
Msg #215949

I thought about re-opening up my account with them last month, then I thought of all the BS they put you through for 65 bucks.. Not worth it at all.

Reply by Pierces Notary Services on 10/11/07 10:26am
Msg #215952

I always get my fee from ServiceLink - it's definitely not $65

Reply by Blueink_CA on 10/11/07 10:30am
Msg #215954

I agree, they will pay more. As to the fax backs, they are consistant - I can quickly go thru the pkg and pull out the pages NOT to fax (lol). Just another company that we have the choice to deal with - or not.

Reply by JohnnyB on 10/11/07 10:38am
Msg #215959

Service Link will pay only pay more in non-competitive areas. They don't have a nationwide straight across the board fee. If you are in a highly competitve area, they will drive you down to the $65 fee and maybe even lower.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 10/11/07 10:32am
Msg #215956

I get my fee too. They do break down things like the addition of edocs and 2nd set of documents. That's all add ons.
They are hard to talk to after hours if there is a problem or question that comes up though

Reply by Phillip/TX on 10/11/07 10:38am
Msg #215958

They have always paid my fee as well, I don't do any job for $65.00 even if it is just a one page signing. My time is worth more than that. But there are not a lot of mobile notaries out in my area either, so that may help me!

But as stated, it is easier to take out the docs not to fax back than it is is to pull the ones out you do fax... last time I had to fax like 45 pages to them. Totally uncalled for.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 10/11/07 10:42am
Msg #215962

Re Fax backs

I rarely have to fax back. I was told that only on invetment properties is this required.

Reply by docs1954CA on 10/11/07 10:52am
Msg #215972

Re: Re Fax backs

The CW loans have 40 pages or so to fax back, everytime I've done one.I'm in an area that has alot of agents, so they try to beat you down on your fee.I won't do it for $65.Now they only want to pay $ 20 for e-docs.Take a look at the HUD, they charge $ 450.00 for the closing,in addition to the settlement fees. They are, IMO the biggest rip-offs out there.

Reply by Phillip/TX on 10/11/07 11:08am
Msg #215975

I agree with you... they think that we will not look at the HUD and see the fee they make, and what work do they do??? But want to brow beat you down to doing it for free almost.

Reply by Hugh Nations Signing Agents of Austin on 10/11/07 11:14am
Msg #215979

Faxbacks are never a problem for me. I actually like them, because they are a revenue center for me. I charge $2 a page. It's surprising how few faxbacks are actually needed when the companies start paying for them by the page.

Reply by Phillip/TX on 10/11/07 11:25am
Msg #215982

I have told them that I would charge a fax back fee of $2.00 and they have never paid it.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/11/07 11:02am
Msg #215974

I remember when Service Link was always overnight - except for the faxbacks.
If it was in my immediate area they paid $75, which I later got upped to $100.
One particular signing where the borrower was a PITA attorney I had to go back out (he had refused to sign the docs the first time and Service Link redid them). I told Service Link I would not go back out to this particular borrower. I got a call late from someone at Service Link asking again if I would go back out. I told them "No" He asked what it would take me to go back out, I told him $300. They paid it!!!!
They wouldn't do that these days I know.

Reply by JohnnyB on 10/11/07 11:09am
Msg #215976

When the market turns, hopefully they will get what they deserve. Everybody seems to hate this company now.

Reply by maddieNJ on 10/11/07 11:17am
Msg #215981

What's rediculous is that they were more willing to pay the overnight UPS charge to send docs to me (got them today) to reschedule it, pay for another overnight fee to the "new" notary rather than just giving me the extra money for the faxing.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/11/07 1:43pm
Msg #216031

"I remember when Service Link was always overnight - except for the faxbacks"

That should have been except for the faxed title docs.

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 10/11/07 12:05pm
Msg #215995

I did my first (and last) on for them last month....they met my fee as I am remote and it was EOM. When I found out about the faxbacks, I called and assessed and additional charge. I was told that C/W in Marlboro NJ required the faxbacks and EVERY C/W Full Sh**trum loan from them would require faxbacks. Now I remember why I never accepted an assignment from them. They merged with ATM.....now THERE'S a match made low-ball heaven. Absolutely never again......EVER !

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/11/07 11:31am
Msg #215983

Re: ServiceLink a/k/a ServiceStink n/m

Reply by docs1954CA on 10/11/07 11:44am
Msg #215986

Re: ServiceLink a/k/a ServiceStink

I've heard that name for them before, and it FITS so well!

I think that perhaps the schedulers work on some type of commission basis.They are given X amount of dollars to get a Notary.Every penny they beat out of you, goes into their pocket, or a % of it.They act like they are paying you directly ."Why do you charge to fax back a few docs ( 41 pages) when all you have to do is press a button?" " Why do want to charge for 2 loans when you're going to be there anyway? " Just 2 of the most insane questions these morons have asked me in the past.There will be none of these idiotic questions in my future with these rip offs.They removed me from their system...I'm still sobbing over it too.

Reply by NCLisa on 10/11/07 11:53am
Msg #215988

They used to pay my fee, but then a couple point and sign notaries in this area started accepting the $65 fee. They do a lot of driving for ServiceLink and don't make a profit off of it!

Reply by JohnnyB on 10/11/07 12:48pm
Msg #216013

They better have a good fax machine too. I think by using new notaries they had to everything faxed back because their errors were probably going through the roof.
I also think that fax back thing goes out the door during refiance booms.

Reply by NCLisa on 10/11/07 1:24pm
Msg #216027

I was lucky, I never had to fax anything back to ServiceLink. I was considered a premier notary as I hadn't made any errors. They knew if they wanted me to ship docs same day, they weren't being faxed, and that was ok.

You have to think about how time consuming it is to hire a group of people to go through all those faxes! Not a job I'd ever want to have.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/11/07 1:46pm
Msg #216032

I think it was since they started doing those Full Spectrum loans that they wanted fax backs.
I never had to fax back anything, but I stopped working with them when they reduced their fees. Someone did post on another message board at one time that the schedulers got a bonus for getting the notaries for the lowest fee.

Reply by JohnnyB on 10/11/07 2:58pm
Msg #216049

Again, we should make sure they get theirs during the next refi boom by charging $300 per closing and not just for pita attorneys. Even at that price, they will still be making a profit

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.