Notary Rotary
Signatures Plus
Notary Discussion History

Signatures Plus
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by TS/WA on 10/24/07 1:32pm
Msg #218065

Signatures Plus

Has anyone been able to collect anything from this now nonexistent company?

I learned from a collection agency, as I am sure everyone knows. But for those of you that don't...That since a lot of these companies hail from California, Orange County to be exact. They know the ins and outs about operating their business and can give us the run around about paying us. The only way we have any chance of being paid is by suing in small claims which is only $30 to file and $30 to serve plus of course any cost you incur getting there if you are from out of state like me ( a small vacation?) Anyhow, I just got paid from SOX for invoices dating back from March. I am hoping because I threatened to sue. Give up on sending certified mail or collection agencies...small claims all the way! (Plese dont comint on my speling or gramer!)Smile Smile

Reply by Phillip/TX on 10/24/07 1:36pm
Msg #218068

Well then you took the fun out of your posting then... if we cannot as you say "comint on my speling or gramer"

Reply by Phillip/TX on 10/24/07 1:37pm
Msg #218069

But congrats on your payment from SOX, I am still owed from 06, but don't figure I will get it, as I am not going to CA to file!

Reply by TS/WA on 10/24/07 1:43pm
Msg #218073

Touche! I got reamed for spelling last time I made a comment!

I was VERY persistent. I sent my invoices by fax daily, I sent them by certified mail. Call Joanne and leave her messages and send her emails. But I am hopefull that it was the threat that did it as I made the threat last week and received my check yesterday. Good luck to you! Any advice on Sigs plus?

Reply by Phillip/TX on 10/24/07 1:46pm
Msg #218075

I do not have any experience with Signatures Plus, so no advice to share.... Sorry

Reply by JanelWI on 10/24/07 4:25pm
Msg #218122

Yes, my advice is this forum is a valuable resource. If you are contacted by a company that you don't know, do a search. You will find a wealth of information from a very long while back regarding Signatures Plus. They are notorious for this!!!!

I was contacted by a company that had a bit of a sorted past on this forum and told them my terms. I was honest about the fact that I just can't risk taking work from companies who potentially won't pay.....things are slow enough! Amazingly they met my terms! They overnighted me my check upfront for the closing, and sent me the tracking number to track its arrival. This company was FNP. It showed me they were sincere about paying their signing agents. I hope they keep it up.

Reply by Todd/OH on 10/24/07 8:34pm
Msg #218168

This outfit is still in business ?? n/m

Reply by CJ on 10/24/07 9:34pm
Msg #218174

SOX, Signatures Plus, United Notaries: Notaries BEWARE!

Just say NO to these people! I don't know how they stay in business. I suspect the prey on all the newbies, one at a time.

Reply by Nancy M. Misenar on 10/25/07 10:11am
Msg #218215

Re: SOX, Signatures Plus, United Notaries: Notaries BEWARE!

Did a closing for them in Feb and never received payment and when I took them to collection their number was disconnected.........what a waste of my time..

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.