Notary Rotary
Solicatations aglow
Notary Discussion History

Solicatations aglow
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Alice Jones on 10/3/07 1:24pm
Msg #214528

Solicatations aglow

What's with all these New Signing Agent companies popping up? I turn on my computer and find 5 new companies asking membership fees of $25 and up. They are promising to improve my signing business. Should I start my own Signing Agent business and collect the membership fees instead? Signings are slow here in Western Maryland.

Reply by Lee/AR on 10/3/07 1:38pm
Msg #214536

Well, given that the business is very slow (read: back to pre-1999 norms) and the NNA keeps churning 'em out--maybe we should all start either an SS or a Directory for them. Probably be more lucrative than signings right now.

Reply by Todd/OH on 10/3/07 1:45pm
Msg #214541

Re: Solicitations aglow

As usual, companies die under one name only to emerge under another. I've had back-and-forth emails with one such firm. I won't bite when business is so slow. Where do they suppose the cashflow would be coming from , anyway??

Reply by Alice/MD on 10/3/07 4:06pm
Msg #214586

When companies go under and come up under another name, how do I know this? I am so frustrated with this. I understand that this industry is infested with dishonesty and crooks. Is there anyway we can find out who falls under the new name companies who did not pay our notaries for pass service rendered.

My integrity as a notary stands.

Reply by Todd/OH on 10/3/07 6:37pm
Msg #214625

Check out the info on the websites and see who owns it. The SOS of that state has good info. Call them and ask them. Yep - there are crooks.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.