Notary Rotary
Solicitations
Notary Discussion History

Solicitations
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by LC/FL on 10/3/07 2:00pm
Msg #214544

Solicitations

I make it a policy NOT to provide my ssn or info not visible on this site to companies that solicit me for signing? I will provide when a viable job is presented but have had way too many that ask out of the blue. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks, Liza

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/4/07 12:26am
Msg #214674

If you haven't already, it's strongly recommended that you get an EIN and use that instead of your SSN. It is easy and free. Any one who is committed enough to go back through earlier posts on this board would have learned that along with many, many other things.

As to your question, most of us only put the EIN on W-9 forms (which is the only format that I feel warrants handing it over). For more info, you could do a search on "EIN" and probably find a ton of info relevant to your question. hth

Reply by LC/FL on 10/4/07 7:45am
Msg #214687

True, but I still dont provide that info until I have a viable job oportunity. But I agree!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.