Notary Rotary
This too funny. For those following Countrywide news
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Becca_FL on 10/11/07 4:48pm
Msg #216071

Countrywide "PROTECT OUR HOUSE" Wrist Band up for bid on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Countrywide-PROTECT-OUR-HOUSE-Wrist-Band_W0QQitemZ220159266937QQihZ012QQcategoryZ13549QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Countrywide Home Loans Protect our house - the crusade starts with you.

For nearly 40 years countrywide has executed the mission of our founders to lower the barriers to homeownership to all americans. we helped more than 20 million americans attain and preserve homeownership. we intend to carry this mission forward for another 40 years.

Today we're being attacked by competitors and detractors. their attacking our business policies, our morals and our ethics. these unwarranted and malicious attacks are directed at all of us. It's now become personal and it's time to remind everyone who we are and what we stand for. We must go on offense and tell our story with pride. countrywide home loans is launching a coordinated comprehensive effort to protect our house. the campaign is all about showing to everyone that we are not only the best run mortgage company in america. but that we're a great growth company comprised of the best business people this country has to offer. we are a company with unquestionable ethics, morals and business practices. I ask you to join me on this crusade. By signing this pledge, you are committing to support the ongoing mission of this company and to tell the countrywide story to all. As part of this crusade I also ask you to wear a "protect our house" wristband until the end of the year. I hope it will remind you of what our house means and what all of us are fighting to protect.

I pledge my support to Countrywide and will help protect our house. (sig)

Mozilo Forced to Dump More Countrywide
By Seth Jayson October 8, 2007

Recommendations
Countrywide Financial (NYSE: CFC) CEO Angelo Mozilo seems to like to cultivate a no-holds-barred image. Of course, this is easier to do when you have an ex-football player do the shouting, while your typical interview schedule involves sitting under the soft focus filter and fielding fluffballs from Maria Bartiromo.

On Friday, after market close, Mozilo lived up to the oiliest of Wall Street standards of conduct by trying to drop the hard truth into the news wire while everyone's ordering drinks. In this little after-hours press release, the Countrywide CEO warns the investing world that, once again, he'll be dumping shares of his company -- just as he's asking employees to take loyalty oaths.

Not to worry, folks. Poor Angelo has to sell. It's part of his 10b-5 plan. The fact that he entered into this second stock-exit plan less than a year ago, after he'd already dumped enormous piles of Countrywide, and just as sub-prime was beginning to really crack, well, all that means nothing regarding his opinion for the long-term health of the company he built.

Here's the verbiage: "The upcoming sales are driven by rules within the 10b5-1 Plan that were established long ago, and should in no way be viewed as any indication of my future outlook for Countrywide."

Reply by Dennis Larson on 10/11/07 5:13pm
Msg #216081

and don't forget to pickup your CountryFried t-shirt over at

http://ml-implode.com/countryfried.html

Here's more:
http://themessthatgreenspanmade.blogspot.com/2007/10/it-just-looks-bad.html

Kind'a, sort'a reminds me of the AmeriQuest Superbowl "Don't Judge Too Soon" ads.

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/11/07 6:50pm
Msg #216113

Re: and don't forget to pickup your CountryFried t-shirt ove

No doubt, Dennis. The sad thing is...if CW implodes, I'll loose what little bit of business I have left. I never did much AQ because they were such a PITA. Back in the day Chase kept me very busy. When Chase slowed, CW kicked into high gear. I keep up with the CW news because my business depends on it. I really hope they can turn it around. BTW, do you know anyone in Bonita Springs that would be interested in selling their wrist band?

Reply by Stamper_WI on 10/11/07 7:05pm
Msg #216118

Sure...a recent cash infusion by borrowing against their own equity on the banking side makes it rally. Quick sell your own stocks! If theres blood in that turnip he is getting it. Also he imay be nervous about the appearance causing a similar rush to sell. Soothing the beast while he steals the cookies. JMO
I am doing a lot of Chase loans

Reply by Dennis Larson on 10/11/07 7:13pm
Msg #216125

Same here Becca. Chase kept me busy then too. I actually quit doing any of AQ's stuff more than a year before they went under. And yes, they were a PITA. Lately, most of closings have been Chase (now JP Morgan) again. They must be marketing this area heavily. And no, I can't say I know anyone in Bonita Springs that has the bracelet. I see the one on eBay is at $105 or so. A rubber band, can you believe it?

btw, this AQ ad was a hoot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dgRTmx9wAg

Reply by Dennis Larson on 10/11/07 7:39pm
Msg #216130

Becca, my gut feeling is that

Countrywide will sell (or maybe even has already has spun a deal with) it's three divisions. Buffett's bail out will guarantee him the retail side, B of A the servicing side, and unknown investors will get the wholesale side. Then, the three entities will become separate companies and the main Countrywide name will go BK. Can anyone think of a better way to avoid an employee lawsuit?

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/11/07 10:02pm
Msg #216149

Dennis, you and I are on the same page

I believe CW is in the positioning stage and has been since the first of the year. Tanzilla has positioned himself accordingly.

When the fallout began in February(actually January) I talked at length with my IndyMac AE BIL (brother in law) and we agreed that the big boys (Wells, BofA, and CW) would help to sustain the industry. Now, it's October, my BIL went to GMAC and has been laid off and no single lender has stepped up to the plate because there are no investors.

I sure would dig some info on the Chase deals you're getting now, because Chase deals seemed to have disappeared here.

BTW, Dennis, I love the picture on your website. I can tell you command authority and that's a good thing.

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/11/07 10:03pm
Msg #216150

Dennis, BTW, I loved the link...that was great. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.