Notary Rotary
Three more DEADBEATS
Notary Discussion History

Three more DEADBEATS
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Les_CO on 10/23/07 12:16pm
Msg #217831

Three more DEADBEATS

Three more DEADBEATS to add to your list. A little over a month ago I posted here about BMT Signings 20505 Yorba Linda CA 92886. Ph 951-288-2628. I received no response, but Johnny seemed sincere on the phone, promised payment in a week etc, etc. It turns out “Johnny” is not only a liar, but a thief also…….. STAY AWAY!

Also US Title 8880 Cedar Springs Rd. Knoxville TN 37923. This one is a bit odd, as I did four signings for them, they paid all but the last one in May, and I’ve sent invoices, fax’s etc to Sandford Williams but have heard nothing back. Use Your Own Judgment!

Lastly (for me this year, I hope) Land Options Inc. 4955 Steubenville Pike Pittsburg, PA, 15205 Ph 800-319-7778. These guys have a bad reputation, and if I’d have had the time to research, I’d have said no.

This is unusual because two are actual Title Companies I will be sending written complaints to their respective State Insurance Regulators, and the Feds. I believe it is a violation of RESPA, to charge a borrower, for notary service, or even unspecified “closing costs”, then not pay the notary/closer, and keep the money. I think we all have a good case even in ‘witness only’ closings, that although not all the ‘costs’ involved can be attributed to the Notary printing the docs, and getting them signed and returned. That a good portion of these costs are due to our efforts and that there would be no “closing” without the borrower signing the docs. So this is not only a contract violation between us and them (title), it is also fraud.

As for BMT Signing…I’m not in CA, so little to be done…Just another lying Deadbeat.

Reply by ToniK on 10/23/07 2:13pm
Msg #217854

Land options paid me

But it took several phones calls. The fax number on the confirmation sheet is incorrect. That is what the guy told me when I called. THe number I had was a 703-272.....He gave me a fax number starting in 412 or something and I faxed it off last week friday and got a check in the mail yesterday. My signing was in August. I wont work for them anymore.

Reply by cyndi_ca on 10/23/07 2:52pm
Msg #217859

Les, check PM n/m

Reply by Desiree Jordan on 10/24/07 10:32am
Msg #217987

Message Deleted

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Author Request - Special Exception

Reply by Malissa Deskin on 11/29/07 11:03am
Msg #223561

Hi, one of my notaries contacted me to say we had something on this forum about non-payment and I want to help you get this resolved. I am a closer at US Title and wanted to get you to email me your invoice directly so I can check on payment for you. Sanford is no longer with our company. We originally had to use a partner company to do CO closings. The problem with the partner company is they don't have our policy of paying a notary if a loan rescinds or borrower refuses to sign. So if Sanford didn't forward your invoice to our funding, then we would not have known you were not paid.
I apologize for the delay and you not being answered or paid. I will assist you in any way possible to get this resolved.
My company prides itself on putting the notary's info on the HUD and paying the closer upon disbursement of loan.
Please email me, [e-mail address], and I will help get this right for you.
Thanks,
Missy

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.