Notary Rotary
UPS Chargebacks
Notary Discussion History

UPS Chargebacks
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Cynthia Wriske on 10/1/07 12:56am
Msg #213971

UPS Chargebacks

Has anyone dealt with a UPS/Fed Ex chargeback from a signing company? I got stiffed with the delivery fee from a signing company because their UPS number they gave me was invalid. I notified them but getting paid back the charge fee hasn't happened.

Thanks

Reply by C. Jeffery Evans on 10/1/07 2:32am
Msg #213974

Yes, with Mercury Settlement Services (Now Lenders First Choice) ... I called, explained, they gave ne an account number, dropped the shipment, no problem.

Yes, with LandAmerica OneStop ... supposed to get the check this week. I'll let you know but, they've been pretty good to work for.

Reply by SReis on 10/1/07 6:19am
Msg #213978

That is why you should always put the receiver's name in both sections of the shipping form. Do NOT use any of your info at all. Luckily, this has never happened to me but I have read the forum enough to know that it can & probably will, esp. w/so many co's going under. Good Luck

Reply by snoopdogMs on 10/1/07 7:57am
Msg #213982

Even though I never put my address in either box, one still has to sign and date the UPS invoice down at the bottom right. I don't know if they would ever go after the signature but I am going to make sure my signature is illegible from now on.

Reply by sue_pa on 10/1/07 8:06am
Msg #213984

I always date it but have never signed.

Reply by NCLisa on 10/1/07 8:39am
Msg #213988

I can't read my own signature, so I don't know how UPS will. If I have a UPS number and a fed ex number, I always use fed ex.

I had fed ex charge backs once a few months ago when fed ex was having a few issues with the online. I called, and fed ex straightened it out over the phone and took care of everything.

Reply by Todd/OH on 10/1/07 8:54am
Msg #213989

This topic was touched on last week. I've been hit as well but UPS wouldn't help. I had to wait for reimbursement. I eventually got it. From now on, if the account number doesn't go through online, I use a blank form and I don't sign it.

Reply by KKinNoCal on 10/1/07 11:13am
Msg #214022

Re: UPS Chargebacks-I've often wondered

what happens if you ship a package and mark" bill recipient", and do not include an account number. Will the package be delivered??

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 10/1/07 11:25am
Msg #214025

Re: UPS Chargebacks-I've often wondered

As far as I know, yes. The receiver will have to pay the charges before UPS releases the package, but it gets delivered.

As a side note, I have never been charged back when I ship and validate the number through the websites. If the number is rejected, then I call the tc or ss for a valid number. If I can't get a number this way, then I use a handwritten label and use the receiver as the sender and the receiver and use the number I have. That way, there is no way I can be charged back ..... Use the handwritten labels that you pick up at UPS or Fedex. Don't use any that you ordered through the website and had shipped to you. They contain your account number ......

Reply by OR on 10/1/07 1:20pm
Msg #214056

Re: UPS Chargebacks-Call the Signing Service that hired you

They should be able to get chages paid by the Co that hired them. I have had this happen to me and that has warked every time. Good Luck

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.