Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Under what condition would you refuse a job?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by slknotary on 10/12/07 12:24pm
Msg #216212

I was contacted via email this morning for a notarization in a local prison. I had a traumatic experience last year of being wrongfully arrested and taken to prison for 4 days. Of course the person who emailed me doesn't know this. I haven't answered yet. I am sure that I will not be able to step foot in a prison.

I know that this person needs my assistance and I'd be more than happy to recommend another notary. They shouldn't have to suffer because of my hangups.

Have you ever refused a job due to your own personal reasons?

Reply by jba/fl on 10/12/07 12:28pm
Msg #216214

Usually an email is sent to anyone in the area, so no reply signifies that you are not available.

If you were to actually respond, talk to another, and want to refuse, a simple, "I'm sorry, my schedule is full today, thank you for calling" would suffice.

Reply by LJ on 10/12/07 12:28pm
Msg #216215

I accepted a closing. Got the confirmation and it was an old boyfriend. Couldn't bring myself to do it. Found another notary to do it for me, paid him on the spot and waited 30 days for my money. Yours is much different and wish you luck.

Reply by Lee/AR on 10/12/07 12:38pm
Msg #216217

As the term "Independent Contractor" means just that. Of course, I'd refuse a job for whatever reason. However, as previous poster said...just say you're booked. Or, in this e-mail situation, simply don't reply at all.

Reply by slknotary on 10/12/07 12:39pm
Msg #216218

Ok I really like what you guys (and girl) have to say. I know that I can't do it. I'm sure they will find someone else.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/12/07 12:44pm
Msg #216220

Also, given the hassles it takes to get to get into the prison I would refuse.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 10/12/07 12:46pm
Msg #216222

Agreeing with previous responses, just say you're booked ....

Reply by DogmongerCA on 10/12/07 1:43pm
Msg #216236

How about doing a search of your area and

recommending someone from the board.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.