Notary Rotary
Update on re-sign: didn't happen.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Rachel/ORWA on 10/16/07 12:28pm
Msg #216678

When I hadn't heard from the LO or TC by the end of the day, I called the LO, who stated that the Lender had decided to accept the docs and were not re-drawing, after all. I also called the TC, and the EO stated they had heard the same and were working on the funding.

I feel a little funny about this; should I be concerned about the status of my certificates?

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/16/07 12:32pm
Msg #216683

Why be concerned? It's not like you can do anything about it. Spend your time worrying about things that you actually have control over and just be glad you didn't have to do a second trip for free.

Reply by Rachel/ORWA on 10/16/07 12:39pm
Msg #216689

The name on my certificates is the BO's legal name, while the name he signed is his vested name (without an "a/k/a"Wink. I'm wondering if they're even valid. No need for concern?

BTW, I am VERY glad I didn't have to do a re-sign; it was over the river and through the woods... literally! Smile

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/16/07 12:41pm
Msg #216690

"I'm wondering if they're even valid. No need for concern?"

Nope, no need for concern. You notarized properly based on the ID that was presented to you. The contents of the document aren't our concern. If it can't be recorded then it's the TC and lender's concern, not yours.

Reply by Rachel/ORWA on 10/16/07 12:43pm
Msg #216692

Thanks, Cali. n/m

Reply by Phillip/TX on 10/16/07 12:48pm
Msg #216694

I agree Cali!!! n/m

Reply by sue_pa on 10/16/07 7:44pm
Msg #216815

??

Borrower's id showed Donald Duck but he signed Mickey Mouse and you notarized? If that's the case, you sure should be worried - at least if you were in PA you should be. Perhaps I am missing something.

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/16/07 10:45pm
Msg #216857

Re: ??

There's a thread with the details a day or two ago. Basically the docs showed Mickey Donald Duck but the ID was Donald Mickey Duck so she notarized as Donald Mickey Duck.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.