Notary Rotary
Very sad - I don't like
Notary Discussion History

Very sad - I don't like
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Above and Beyond Closings - Alice on 10/12/07 3:53pm
Msg #216265

Very sad - I don't like

I posted "What would you do with an overpayment" on 9/25/07. I received several emails asking who the notary was that was being so dishonest. My response to everyone was - I am giving this person the chance to make good on her word and if she did that I would keep her name private.

As promised to all of you that contacted me I am now ready to disclose who she is. The title company has paid me and can now take legal action against her. The dishonest notary is Linn Wilson of Appleton, WI. Very sad!!!!

Reply by jba/fl on 10/12/07 7:46pm
Msg #216322

What I don't like is that you posted a name - I disagree w/

her actions, but this is not a full story until both sides are presented. You have put us in a position of judging and judgment and I am uncomfortable with that as things stand right now.

Let those without fault cast the first stone. (paraphrased)

Reply by SReis on 10/12/07 8:26pm
Msg #216323

Re: Disagree w/ JBA

One sided accounts re: SS's/TC's are posted on a daily basis on this site, and when the ss's do respond they are often attacked (not saying that the ss's do not deserve to be, under certain circum). I do not see why if she is having an issue, such as this, that she shouldn't be able to post the name. Although I will admit posting a name is quite different than posting a business name. Just my 2 cents.

Reply by Above and Beyond Closings - Alice on 10/12/07 9:07pm
Msg #216327

Re: What I don't like is that you posted a name - I disagree w/

JBA - please check out thread 212913 for my complete side of the story. Email me offline and I will be happy to give you the contact information for this notary and maybe she take your call. I would love for her to post her side too. I have given her every opportunity, including sending her a link to the org. thread to respond.

I think that what Linn did was dishonest and unfair. I don't think that as a human being she stepped up to the plate at all - not even to defend herself. I have no ill feeling towards her and I wish her the best of luck. Because of her dishonest actions I have terminated her contract with our company.

Sincerely,
Alice

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/12/07 9:14pm
Msg #216328

She was contracted to you? Unilateral of Bi? n/m

Reply by Sandra Clark on 10/12/07 10:04pm
Msg #216329

I think it is a sad commentary on both sides. Members get on this board and post any and everything about ss, title co's., etc. We have older notaries attacking newer ones for asking what is perceived to be "stupid" questions. We have ss threatning lawsuits, notaries threatning to sue ss etc.

Maybe the shame of having their names placed here will somehow force the issues to be resolved in a less public forum in the future.

JMHO

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.