Notary Rotary
WI notaries -
Notary Discussion History

WI notaries -
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Ocean Pacific Notary Services, Inc. on 10/6/07 5:59pm
Msg #215266

WI notaries -

Thanks for the advice from all those who gave it about calling notaries in that section of this website - after calling 30 notaries - we missed one that was in our database (sorry Cassandra) we gave up and tried this board. We are not looking for cheaper, just a notary who wants to work and we do not lowball on assignments. I am really sorry that some in this forum have developed a wrong business-like attitude. We do want to share our assignments with Notary Rotary notaries, but is getting increasingly difficult to do so. Possibly, Harry can start another section where signing companies go and ask willing notaries for work, because CALLING them and leaving messages is clearly not working - out of 30 calls, no one called back. And the only one who did was one we had not even called...

So, we have come to this conculsion at this point, business is booming for all the notaries and they do not want us to calling or using the forum for assignments. So We apologize on behalf of Ocean Pacific Notary Services for bothering all you in this forum and we will have to look for our notaries elsewhere.

gina

Reply by cassiewi on 10/6/07 7:00pm
Msg #215269

It's OK Gina, no worries

As for the others, I don't think most of them were calling you out, just wondering why some get deleted and others don't. Should be the same treatment for all. And at least now you know I cover that area. Smile

Reply by CJ/OR on 10/6/07 7:08pm
Msg #215272

Call us in Oregon ... my phone goes with me ... I rarely miss a call. When I do, I call back immediately.

Reply by Linda Spanski on 10/6/07 7:23pm
Msg #215273

Schedulers tell me

that they call me because I always answer my phone. If I'm in the middle of a signing I return calls immediately. I make their job easy.

Reply by Therese on 10/6/07 7:33pm
Msg #215276

Re: Schedulers tell me

Immediate call backs are a must. Schedulers tell me the same. Even if they have found someone they appreciate the call. I have always wondered how many notaries on these directories are still in business. Especially the free listings.

Reply by Kathy/ID on 10/6/07 8:22pm
Msg #215280

My phone is always with me

I rarely miss calls as I always have my phone on and with me. If by chance I do miss a call I call back immediately, This is just good business practice.

If you have any signings in Canyon, Ada counties please give me a call.

Thanks

Reply by Rachel/ORWA on 10/6/07 8:41pm
Msg #215284

I can vouch for her: she doesn't low-ball. n/m

Reply by Susan Fischer on 10/6/07 9:02pm
Msg #215285

They sure know who *not* to call now... n/m

Reply by Lee/AR on 10/6/07 9:52pm
Msg #215288

Ocean Pacific... I owe you an apology.

30 notaries? And nobody called back? I'm thinking that a possible solution to your problem--and that of the good notaries--would be to keep track of who has not returned your call and institute a 3-strikes-&-you're-out system. Call the ones you can depend upon first--and keep them in business during these lean times. Seems to me that this would be a win/win system for all. As you do read this forum, you know that many are being forced to seek employment elsewhere. I think that right now is an ideal time to be able to let the best rise to the top of your 'call list'.

Reply by Ocean Pacific Notary Services, Inc. on 10/6/07 11:08pm
Msg #215291

Re: Ocean Pacific... I owe you an apology.

Thank you Lee - no need to apologize. I really want to send out orders to the notaries on this board - some on you we call frequently, no names - you know who you are Smile

It is very frustrating when notaries do not return calls. As a notary, I always did, even if I knew they filled the order. It is just the polite thing to do. And yes, my cell phone is on 24 hours a day/7 days a week.

We are as good as the notaries we use, and we are notaries too, so we understand the business and what it is like to be insulted by signing companies and to add insult to injury, then not be paid. Thank you all for helping us remain successful and we will hope to keep doing this for a very long time.

gina

Reply by MichiganAl on 10/7/07 1:15am
Msg #215297

That's just really sad.

It's not even that no one returned your call (which is awful enough), it's that you even had to leave messages in the first place. My cell phone is glued to my hip (maybe Saturday after around 6 p.m. I might finally take a moment of peace). My cell phone is my lifeline. Anyone who doesn't keep it with them at all times really doesn't understand what it takes to do this.

Reply by NoteWorthyOR on 10/7/07 1:24am
Msg #215300

Available Notary From Lane County

I don't think you've called me in the past. I too return calls, and will look forward to your call when you have a need.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 10/7/07 7:48am
Msg #215305

Just a question

Of the 30 notaries you called, do you remember how many had "old" profiles (last update 90 days or more out). If there are that many "old" notaries, maybe Harry will need to purge the listings again. I imagine there are quite a few on the list that have moved on and just not bothered to delete their profile. (Reminds me, it's after the first of the month and I haven't updated mine -- going to do it NOW).

PS I am a full time NSA in MI and belong to the Michigan Mobile Loan Closers Network which has members in almost every area of the state; so if you need anyone in MI, we CAN AND WILL DO IT!

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 10/7/07 7:52am
Msg #215307

PS

Both Michigan AL and I are in the MI network and ALL OF US keep our cell phones clued to us. Actually, I refer to mine as my tether! If you call one of us and we can not for whatever reason accept your order, 9 times out of 10 we can refer someone else qualified in that area . You work with us, we work with you.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/7/07 8:09am
Msg #215309

Re:Thanks for the reminder Dorothy

Just updated mine!

Reply by sue_pa on 10/7/07 8:37am
Msg #215313

how about a first time rather than again

... maybe Harry will need to purge the listings again. ...

Purging a first time in my area might be nice. There is one young lady who hasn't updated her listing snice January, 2006. Of course no one will call her because she doesn't even have a phone number listed.

Reply by Sharon Taylor on 10/7/07 8:17am
Msg #215310

Did you try both cell phone & home phone? Poor cell coverage

in some areas may prevent a notary from getting your call. Sorry you had so much trouble getting a notary, and I know poor cell coverage can't be the reason for all 30 of the ones you didn't reach or hear back from, but......
The cell phone company with the best coverage here is Verizon, and even then I have to keep my cell phone right up on the front window ledge with the antenna leaning against the window in order to get just one bar. And when I answer the phone, I have to lean against the window and move the phone very very little, or it drops the call. Even on the front porch, I have to move around and wave the phone back and forth to find a spot where it will show a single bar, and then I can't move from that spot or move the phone or I lose the coverage. It's extremely frustrating.
After a couple of months of bitter complaining by me, I got through to a tech person at Verizon, who finally set me up so that calls to the cell phone number that are not answered within X rings roll over to the home phone, which has an answering machine on it if I don't answer it for some reason. Even then I've picked up the cell phone a couple of times and seen a "missed call".
However, regardless of why the notary did not get your call, there is no excuse for not returning your call if you've left a callback request. I try to always return missed calls and callback requests, apologizing for missing the call and letting the scheduler know I'm still in the business and hope to work with him/her on the next closing in my area. It's the polite thing to do.

Reply by BetsyMI on 10/7/07 10:01am
Msg #215322

Never got a closing when I've returned a schedulers call

I've missed very few notary calls, but if I do, when I call back even within seconds the assignment is already filled. Thus I keep my cell phone on all the time, and I've answered calls while:

1) in the shower
2) on a ski lift
3) at the health club
4) on the golf course
5) in bed
6) in a dressing room at the mall
7) at the movies (on vibrate!)
8) on a ladder painting

I always curse myself if I don't catch a call quickly enough because I know the assignment will be gone in seconds.

Gina, I guess many don't realize that you had already tried a number of notaries before you posted requesting a notary somewhere. I know it's redundant and we should all give you the benefit of the doubt, but maybe you could say something like "already checked Find a Notary...still looking for a notary for tonight in Anytown USA".

I've given your company my info, and hope to hear from you in the future!

Reply by Philip Johnson on 10/7/07 10:19am
Msg #215323

So are you a SS, or 2 notaries covering 200 miles in WA & OR

To read your profile it looks like you are 2 notaries covering from the coast to Corvallis Oregon and on to Yakima, Washington (which is roughly the size of Rhode Island). I referred a couple of companies your way when I thought you were a service that covered the coast. Now that I see you are servicing the country and competing directly in my neighborhood with "hires" not personally, I guess I'll look for another indiviual to refer to not a SS.
You should really change your profile on this site to show your new standing and perhaps Harry will grant what you want.

Reply by sue_pa on 10/7/07 11:47am
Msg #215328

Re: So are you a SS, or 2 notaries covering 200 miles in WA & OR

I have never understood why signing services are permitted to be listed on these sites (numbers site is the same). I always assumed (I know!) they were for direct notaries, not middle men.

Reply by Ndwa on 10/8/07 3:21am
Msg #215375

Phillip, did you get LaCenter signings Thur & Fri? n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.