Notary Rotary
Worked for free yesterday thanks to insane rude LO
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by ME/NJ on 10/26/07 1:47pm
Msg #218480

Long story so i will keep it short. The LO was rude to me, TC and was just insane. I was going to cancel this signing because the way she acted over the phone but the TC is one of my better customers. Turns out she was treating the TC the same way and threaten to pull the account.

Did the signing and the customer was great no problem, I get a call today saying the LO wants all the TC fee's back because the closing was bad. I pulled my fee since the TC pulled theres, its a good business move in the long run.

Now I have the nut jobs telephone number and I am about a second away from blasting her. I know to be nice and to take some crap, but when you have no reason to be insane I blast back and trust me you don't want me on your bad side if you saw me.

This is why I don't take calls from LOs pain in the butts.

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/26/07 2:23pm
Msg #218486

"I pulled my fee since the TC pulled theres, its a good business move in the long run. "

I don't think so. If the TC constantly uses you, they already know what kind of signing agent you are. No reasonable company is going to drop an experienced person over the rantings of a clearly insane LO. Just because they saw fit to eat the cost of a signing to save a large account doesn't mean you should be expected to do the same. If the customer was great I would have just told the TC to call him to verify that you didn't do anything wrong, I wouldn't have told them to just forget about my fee!

Reply by ME/NJ on 10/26/07 2:44pm
Msg #218491

2 years ago I would of agreed with you..

I was so busy and had so many companies giving me work. I would said pay me and not worry about return calls if they were offended.

Now its a whole new animal, TC's are looking into everything now and 1 wrong move or complaint and off the list. Today I had 2 reg clients offer jobs below my normal fee, they did pay it.

I have nothing against the TC because they took a boat load of stuff from this person too. Its the LO that has me steaming right now. There are still just to many folks in the business to just blow off a client now. This was one of the LO's rants, she want things done now and her way or she would find another TC. She felt there are many other companies that would take her business, she also wanted to know my fees prior to the closing. I said sorry I do not give out my fee that has been handle with the TC.

Well my fee was free for this closing..

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/26/07 3:03pm
Msg #218494

Re: 2 years ago I would of agreed with you..

"Now its a whole new animal, TC's are looking into everything now and 1 wrong move or complaint and off the list."

I don't agree with this at all. The number of signings may have decreased, but the number of competent signing agents hasn't increased. The companies that you use regularly do so because they know that there are a huge percentage of people in this industry who have no idea what they're doing. They're not going to risk THEIR accounts by sending out somebody who they haven't used before if they know that they have someone who knows what they're doing. This, of course, assumes that they're not basing their selection on pricing, which is an entirely different ballgame.

I don't know how much you fought for your fee, or whether you immediately said ok when they told you they were waiving their fee, but I would have certainly made the TC talk to the borrower before I even considered giving up my fee. These things can be handled calmly and reasonably and professionally.

I'm just not seeing a lot of difference between your logic in waiving your fee and other people's logic for doing $40 signings. At least they're getting 40 bucks for their work!

Reply by Lee/AR on 10/26/07 3:34pm
Msg #218501

Re: 2 years ago I would of agreed with you..

Agree with Cali. It's too late now, but reading her the riot act isn't going to stop her from pulling this stuff the next time. If TC wanted to waive their fee & still had to pay you, how long you think TC is going to go before they 'fire' her. Then--she learns a lesson. And you get paid. Win/win.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/26/07 7:17pm
Msg #218525

The sad thing is that TCs fall all over each other getting

work from LOs that if they decide to drop this LO the LO will just get another TC to do the work. Believe it or not TCs are even more of a commodity than notaries.

Reply by Ernest__CT on 10/26/07 9:56pm
Msg #218543

I am seriously confused. What do you mean by ...

... "Did the signing and the customer was great no problem, I get a call today saying the LO wants all the TC fee's back because the closing was bad."?

How was the closing "bad"? You missed a signature? You told the borrowers that they could get a lower rate? You told the husband that he looked like a pimp? You referred to the wife as ...?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.