Notary Rotary
You won't believe this!
Notary Discussion History

You won't believe this!
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 10/15/07 3:42pm
Msg #216572

You won't believe this!

I was in Mexico recently and I have a friend there that is an american citizen living in Mexico, but he is also an attorney in Mexico. He was talking to me and told me that he will be comming soon to the States to become a
CA notary. I told him that he needed to be resident of a CA county to be a notary here. "Oh no I just want to get my commission to notarize documents here in Mexico" I told him that, that was completly illegal, and he said that he understand that but he knows many people that does that in Mexico.

He will be working, translationg immigration documents for the courts in the state of Jalisco.

Thanks!

Reply by Kate/CA on 10/15/07 6:27pm
Msg #216594

And what venue does this person intend to use?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/15/07 6:34pm
Msg #216597

Doesn't he have to prove residency? And what about the background check?

Reply by davidK/CA on 10/15/07 8:09pm
Msg #216608

I'll bet he will have NO PROBLEMO using a Mexican "Metricular" as proof of identity!

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/17/07 4:49pm
Msg #217001

LOL!! And we wonder how attorneys get their reputation... Amazing! (BTW, it s/b "no problemA", FWIW...)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.