Notary Rotary
advice please-
Notary Discussion History

advice please-
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by bowie_MD on 10/17/07 7:14pm
Msg #217039

advice please-

I am going to do a refi closing where the husband and wife are both on the docs. the husband will be at the table and I will witness his signing and notarize his signature. then then docs are being sent to the wife and she will sign and a NSA will witness and notarize her signature.
the TC said for me to just write a statement on the jurat or acknowledgement that I am just notarizing the husbands signature
has anyone ever encountered this?
thanks

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/17/07 7:35pm
Msg #217041

Just make sure only the husband's name is on the notary certificate. If the wife's name is on it just line through her name and initial it. The notary who notarizes the wife's signature will attach a loose certificate.

Reply by MikeC/NY on 10/17/07 7:36pm
Msg #217042

It's not all that odd. If the wife's name is already printed on the ack or jurat, just strike it and initial, so that it's clear you're only notarizing the husband's signature. If you have to print the name in yourself, just enter the husband's name. In either case there's no need to add a statement, but you could add "only" after the husband's name if you wanted to. The second SA will have to attach loose certificates for the wife.

Reply by Alice Jones on 10/17/07 8:12pm
Msg #217047

Had one these type signing and the wife ended up not signing on the other end. The signing agent only wanted to pay me half of the signing fee. I took care of my part and this was an email doc. I will not take another one from this company.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 10/18/07 12:25pm
Msg #217154

What Company Alice? n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.