Notary Rotary
collecting from United Mortgage in IL
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by maddieNJ on 10/31/07 9:46am
Msg #218980

I am in NJ and I'm trying to collect a debt from United Mortgage in IL. They have ignored emails, faxes and now a certified letter demanding payment. In the letter I gave them 7 days to pay the 82 day old debt or I would have to report to the BBB, D&B, state attorney general and file a small claims suit. Obviously, they are not concerned. Anyone have any suggestions? I would like to file a small claims suit (or at least write it up to file and fax it to them promising to file it if I do not get payment in 3 days). Anyone have experience doing this in IL from out of state? I'm so fed up!

Reply by Phillip/TX on 10/31/07 9:58am
Msg #218984

Were you listed on the the HUD? If you were hired directly by the Mortgage Co, then you were more than likely listed on the HUD. This will be an issue with the Department of Insurance for the State of IL. As it is a federal offense to list a payment on a HUD and it not be paid.

Not an attorney... JMO

Reply by maddieNJ on 10/31/07 10:33am
Msg #218990

No it was a borrower refusal so I charged 50% for time and materials. They are telling me to collect from the borrower since he refused to sign. I have a feeling I'm at a loss for this one.

Reply by Phillip/TX on 10/31/07 10:34am
Msg #218991

Sounds like it... sorry for that, just might have to chalk it up to business expense.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 10/31/07 11:03am
Msg #219009

United Mortgage hired you, so they owe you unless you agreed ahead of time to not be paid if a no-sign. They are lucky that you only charged 50% of the original fee. If I were you, I would be contacting the New Jersey Real Estate Commission to complain of these fraudulent practices.

Reply by maddieNJ on 10/31/07 12:45pm
Msg #219029

I agree with that, however I don't have anything in writing stating I would be paid anything if it didn't close... but I will try my best to collect that's for sure.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.