Notary Rotary
help with fees
Notary Discussion History

help with fees
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Michele Alcala on 10/15/07 7:44pm
Msg #216605

help with fees

What would you charge for signing a set of 1st docs on an out of state land purchase? The signing will be here and the client has all the docs. Travel would only be about a mile.

Reply by PAW on 10/15/07 7:50pm
Msg #216606

What would I charge? Let's see, the signing is "here", which is somewhere in California so my travel fee would be astronomical. (I'm in Florida. Smile)

Seriously, it doesn't make any difference if the property is located next door or across the country. The process is the same. So, it basically is a simple purchase, probably buyers only (a guess on my part), with minimum travel. Therefore your basic "basement" charge should apply since you don't have a any "extras" to do.

Reply by Lee/AR on 10/15/07 8:14pm
Msg #216610

As it's a purchase, there is no RTC, so they will probably want to read everything.

Reply by CJ on 10/16/07 3:41pm
Msg #216757

I don't get paid extra if they read everything. Sometimes they go quickly, and sometimes they don't. That's how it is.

On the other hand, are you swamped? I used to do 7 or 9 a day, then reading everything bugged me. But now, I am grateful to get one job a day. If it is a choice between sitting there an extra hour, or sitting at home for nothing, I would rather be working.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.