Notary Rotary
land options
Notary Discussion History

land options
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by ToniK on 10/10/07 7:21am
Msg #215767

land options

Are they in Signing Central? I cant find them or am I blind?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/10/07 7:46am
Msg #215772

Land Options in Pittsburgh is in Signing Central.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/10/07 7:55am
Msg #215774

I linked your message to them - lots of forum discussions n/m

Reply by sue_pa on 10/10/07 8:13am
Msg #215776

they have a copy of the small claims court complaint I will be filing on 10/12 unless my $$$ due from April is received tomorrow. Accts. payable had the attitude - I'll see if I can get you paid sometime. She had apparently just finished paying May's invoices last week and although mine was older than that, she really didn't seem to care. Guess her boss will care because suing in the same state - and collecting on that judgment - is very easy. Who needs office furniture or supplies? I've got no qualms at all about having the sheriff walk in their door and levy.

Reply by Deborah Benjamin on 10/10/07 8:44am
Msg #215780

My blood is boiling with Landoptions. They owe me $925.00 and I get the run-around from the accounting department, the receiptionist AND the owner. Sue, I am in New Jersey, do I have to come to PA to file a small claims because I am ready? Where did you file? My outstanding invoices are from November, 2005, July 2006, September 2006 and March 2007. I've sent collection letters etc. Nothing...No response. Of everyone that owes me...and there are alot of companies todate. Two names boil my blood...Landoptions and Victoria Ring...I will prosecute these two to the fullest extent of the law for my money!!!!! They have ignored my emails, certified mails, demand letters etc. Don't get me started on these two! HEHEHE wooo...life is funny, I woke up this morning not feeling great...lack of energy, lack of business ect...and I open this site and I saw the subject line saying LandOptions and my eyes became blurry and my heart began to race and all of a sudden the fight is back in me and I am ready to go.....I love notary rotary!!!!!

Reply by BetsyMI on 10/10/07 8:47am
Msg #215782

I'm not trying to be mean here, but why would you still be taking an assignment from them in March of 2007 when they owed you for Nov 2005, July 2006 and September 2006?

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/10/07 9:04am
Msg #215785

My thoughts exactly, Betsy. Why keep taking jobs from them if they owe you for work previously done?

Reply by Deborah Benjamin on 10/10/07 9:34am
Msg #215794

I have been in this business long enough to know how to handle myself. Fair question. Landoption was a major client of mine during the year 2004, 2005, 2006. I've always had a great working and paying relationship with them during those year. The signing for 2005 was closed three times, each time the borrower signed and cancelled. The third and last time the borrower kept the loan. I was paid for the last two but not for the first signing. The July closing 2006 closing was a Ohio closing, this was a pilot that was in the NJ area and closed at Newark airport. They had problems locating it because it was listed as an Ohio closing, at least that is what I was told. I kept being promised that payment would be made. Please keep in mind that between these two outstanding closings I was closing a large amount of loans for Landoption and still being paid so I had no reason to suspect that I would never be paid for these. September 2006, was yet of similiar situation, I was still working with landoptions and being paid. The last loan I closed was a new purchase, two loans in an attorneys office. I was called at around 11:30 p.m. one evening by Brian with a request to close this loan because of a medical emergency with the other notary that was originally on this loan. I had a conversation with him about the three outstanding payments and he promised me that he will take care of it the next day because of my excellent relationship with them and the fact that this was owed to me. He was surprised to hear that this was not taken care of. That was the last loan I closed for landoption.

My opinion, one must make a judgement call when you are in business and have a good working relationship with your clients. Between November 2005 and March 2007 I've completed over 320 plus loans for LandOptions and WAS PAID. It was not that I got only these four loans. If this was a client the was closing two to three loans a month, yes, my red flag would definitely go up, but this was not the case. I have been in this business for many, many years and have excellent relationship with title companies, signing companies and notaries. Landoption was one of my favorites!

I hope this answers your questions.

Reply by sue_pa on 10/10/07 9:41am
Msg #215796

sad, isn't it. I've not done the numbers you have with them but I have worked for them many years - even when they were TriState. While everything starts at the top, the new accts. payable girl has a lot to learn about appeasing someone who they owe money - a flip attitude of whenever, whatever doesn't cut it.

Reply by Deborah Benjamin on 10/10/07 10:32am
Msg #215801

Sue Thank you. I've just filled my small claims form out online and faxed to Landoption with a cover letter and all of my confirmations. I will file by Monday if I don't receive a check asap from LandOptions..

Thanks again for all your wisdom.

Deborah Benjamin

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/10/07 2:33pm
Msg #215836

Re: land options - Deborah

That certainly does answer my question and had it been me, I would have done just what you did. After all, EFS stuck me with $675 of unpaid invoices. EFS was a great client of mine for three years. Frown

Reply by sue_pa on 10/10/07 8:59am
Msg #215784

faxed my letter & complaint yesterday afternoon. DHL just brought me a check for my $175 fee, along w/interest

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 10/10/07 9:24am
Msg #215790

Re: land options...Sue...

This is an excellent way to collect past dues. I have used it in the past and it works. Just get a blank small claims suit form from your local District Justice, fill it out and fax it to your debtor with a cover letter that says 'This will be filed on XXXday unless payment is received before'.
The last time I used it, the check came the day after via FedEx. BTW, if payment is not forthcoming, file your suit and get a judgment.

Reply by Marlene/USNA on 10/10/07 9:28am
Msg #215792

Follow-thru is key!

If you threaten to file but don't do it, you'll continue to get the run-around and so will everyone who follows you.

Reply by sue_pa on 10/10/07 9:38am
Msg #215795

Re: Follow-thru is key!

you're right. I filed one other time with the magistrate and once with the AG (the guy opened his doors up in midstate, never paid anyone, and closed his doors). Every other time, seeing the complaint has gotten me my $$$ - PROMPTLY. If someone has taken the time to type it up, I've got no idea why they just don't go drop it off and file it. Again, perhaps PA jsut makes it easy, but if they are in your own state, I've got no idea why everyone doesn't do this.

Reply by sue_pa on 10/10/07 9:33am
Msg #215793

yup

but, you don't even have to go to the office for the complaint form - it's now on line and you fill it out and print it. Good therapy at 3:30 a.m. when you can't sleep. I also have had to do this previously (proportionately very seldom to the amount of loans I've closed throughout the years) and every time, except for once, I received my payment and didn't I have to file it. I read others give extraordinary amounts of time (10 or 30 days) from when they send their demand letters. I'm wondering if this is state specific. If the time has come for a demand letter, I give 3 or 4 days - I fax them the demand and they can overnight me the check. The one time I actually had to file, I also got my $$$, interest and the costs. When they are in your same state, I have no idea why everyone doesn't use this route. Perhaps it's not as easy in other states.

Reply by Tannis Zamora on 10/10/07 12:08pm
Msg #215814

What about out of state?

I am not sure if this is the case with others Sue, but my question would be, how effective would the small claims judgement be for an out of state company.

For some reason, knock on wood, the accounts that I have instate always pay and very timely. Usually at funding. It is the SS, TC out of state that don't seem to think they have to pay and that we have no recourse.

tannis zamora TN

Reply by MistarellaFL on 10/10/07 2:22pm
Msg #215833

Re: What about out of state?

Funny you should ask Tannis, as I am preparing a small claims suit to be filed next week for Founders lending aka Jim Rush, located in Grand Rapids, MI, for non-payment, signing 4/27/07.
I'll let you know how that goes, if it does.
(I am faxing the momo jackbag a the statement of claim tomorrow with a payment alternative
[paypal] by 10/15) Hopefully he will make the payment and make our lives easier.

Reply by Tannis Zamora on 10/10/07 4:30pm
Msg #215845

Re: What about out of state?

Thank you I would appreciate an update. I called my Small Claims court clerk and had her fax the form today. I made several copies to keep on file.

I hate that this industry has gotten to this point.

So many dishonest people out there it is so sad. Taking a job on Faith and doing your level best to make sure that things are done right and not get paid is dispicable. I don't know how some of these people sleep at night.

tannis zamora TN

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.