Notary Rotary
process serving?
Notary Discussion History

process serving?
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by FRNotary on 10/16/07 8:48pm
Msg #216825

process serving?

Does anyone out there know anything about process serving? It's one thing I have been looking in to to supplement my income.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/16/07 8:55pm
Msg #216827

Re: process serving? In Ca you need to be an officer of the

court. Check with the court clerk at your local Superior Court, they have the paperwork and the instrucitons.

Reply by howard53 on 10/17/07 8:24am
Msg #216885

I have been a process server for over 15 years. Its a good profession and can make good money. I work from Private Law Firms not the county clerks office.Working for Attorneys is the was to go. Find an attorney that needs the service and go from there.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 10/17/07 10:03am
Msg #216904

I've been serving process since I was 19 years old. I'm now 24 (I think Smile ).

I actually serve more process then I do notary work nowadays. Rules of Court allow me to serve all probate and domestic relations (family law) process, ALL subpoenas, and some civil process (pleadings, notices, etc.)

Because I am not a Constable, or law enforcement officer, I am not allowed to serve criminal process. My Network, however, consists of Constables and Deputy Sheriffs; therefore, when I have criminal process that needs to be served, I usually tag along with them and have them officially serve the process for me. (They carry guns........ I don't Smile ).

Under a "4c Motion", I can serve whatever the court appoints me to serve. My favorite type of process to serve are Capias Arrest Warrants (civil arrest warrants for non-payment of court fee's, citations, etc.)

It's good money and the best thing about it is that it allows me to meet new attorney's. Process Serving is what actually landed me a job as a paralegal.

Reply by gcn3 on 10/17/07 10:12am
Msg #216906

I was a process server for over 10 years in California. All you have to do is get a license, fingerprinted, background check and bond. You can work for anyone you want to. Pick an area and then call some process serving companies and see if they have an opeing for your area. Getting work from attornies directly will not be easy unless you ae willing to run all over everywhere. You can make good money. This job takes some street smarts - you need to be a person who is very aware of what is going on around you. Good luck to you.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 10/17/07 11:02am
Msg #216918

A lot of helpful info, gcn3. Thanks! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.