Notary Rotary
sitting here at 135p waiting for edocs for 2pm appt
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by BetsyMI on 10/26/07 12:38pm
Msg #218463

45 minutes away! Guy at title says "NO", he CANNOT send me any of the docs until the HUD is approved and it's out right now for approval and he won't give me a time frame to give my borrower. I have two other appts after that and already have docs for those, but this is driving me crazy and will put the rest of the day in chaos.

Reply by Teddog/CO on 10/26/07 12:45pm
Msg #218466

Are we having fun yet !

Small world is'nt it. I'm in the very same boat. Just sitting trying to compose myself waiting, waiting. The big problem is I'm so busy today there's not much time left to play. It just makes you want to pull your hair out. Grrrrrrrr!!

Reply by Leon_CO on 10/26/07 12:49pm
Msg #218468

My policy is to do the closings for which I already have documents. Don't be late to the other closings. It's not your fault.

I have a closing today for which I haven't received documents yet. If they're late, the closing will be done later.

We can only control the things over which we have control. And in this business, it's very little.

Good luck.

Reply by Teddog/CO on 10/26/07 12:51pm
Msg #218469

Correct Leon! They just get bumped to the end of the line :) n/m

Reply by Alice/MD on 10/26/07 12:55pm
Msg #218471

This happened to me last night. Had a 7 pm; docs were held up due to HUD. I had a 40 min. drive to borrower. I got docs at 7 pm. Then when I got there to the borrower's home the HUD was incorrect. Today, in the morning I got an email from the escrow officer that they failed to include 3 affidavits. I told them that they state how my fee will be cut if I fail to correctly handle docs signing. I now have the same rules. If it is your fault and I have to go back, it will cost the same as initial signing with some exceptions. They agreed. This was the escrow officer I was dealing with and I appreciate working with( MIS)

Reply by Richard Ingram on 10/26/07 4:40pm
Msg #218509

I do think there should be a way to penalize TC and SS for not getting docs to us at least 2 hours prior to signing. You make your plans, turn down other signings and sit and fume waiting on these idiots. I always tell borrowers that I can do nothing until docs are printed and I have no control over when they will arrive. However, this does not keep from ruining my day as I always try to assist all concerned to the best of my ability. I suggest we start charging a minimum of $50.00 for e-docs. I had a company call me earlier today and wanted to pay $35.00 for e-docs and I told them my minimum was $35.00. I don't want a union but a good association might help. The NNA is certainly not going to do us any favors.
I am sitting here at 4:35 PM waiting on docs for a 4:00 signing and a 6:00 and 7:00 signing.
Everyone seems to have a good excuse but I always have to pay for my shortcomings. Well I do feel a little better knowing I don't get to enjoy all the misery.

Reply by Alice/MD on 10/26/07 5:00pm
Msg #218512

Why is it so boldly expressed by Title companies and Signing companies that our fees will be reduced if we fail to following their instructions. Yet, they take their own good time sending edocs. They don't even give us a call to let us know the status of docs or if we will receive them at all. I am the one who keep calling them asking the status of the edocs and when will they will be sent. WE should set a time limit for edocs to be sent or an extra fee should be charged for our down time. This is time we could spend with companies who do have docs ready.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 10/26/07 5:18pm
Msg #218514

In most cases the TC is at the mercy of the lender - they are waiting just like we are.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.