Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
157 page HELCO for $32K- what is next????????
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by CF on 6/27/08 11:31am
Msg #253286

I really cant believe that I just printed this package out!!!!!

Reply by desktopfull on 6/27/08 11:40am
Msg #253289

Is it CW? Watch out they may want all 157 pages faxed back. Got stuck with one the other night and it took almost 3 hours to fax back 132 pages, CW's machine takes 1 to 2 minutes per page on receiving faxes. Didn't find out about the fax back until after I printed the package, the instructions to fax back the entire package in the package itself not on the conformation. Only good thing about it was that I was over at JBA's and we had a nice visit even though I kept her up til 2:30 AM.

Reply by jba/fl on 6/27/08 12:03pm
Msg #253306

Didn't keep me up - at least not against my will....lol

Am going to be sure I read instructions/confirmation etc before I actually do these. WTH! Couldn't believe it.

Reply by davidK/CA on 6/27/08 1:14pm
Msg #253330

Perhaps CW should be on the "do not sign for them" list.

This is more than absurd. CW is acting like the Notary is automatically brain dead so they have to check everything before you send in the docs. See my comments at Msg #252909.

I realize that CW is very, very big, but they are also very, very dumb, and I resent being treated like a child, especially one who they think should be willing to work for very low fees.

I'm perfectly happy to say NO to CW until they start treating us with respect and fair fees.

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/27/08 1:21pm
Msg #253335

Might be a good idea

Does anyone know if the BofA bailout of CW actually took place earlier this week? It was up in the air as CW stock had dropped so badly.

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 6/27/08 7:21pm
Msg #253419

We may not have to worry about C/W anymore...

BOA is supposed to close the deal on July 1 to complete the purchase. I don't know about anyone else, but I have never had a BOA deal. I don't think they use NSA's at all so this may be another case of business evaporating.

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/27/08 12:34pm
Msg #253319

Who the heck wants the whole pkg. faxed back?

Need to know so I can say "No, thank you."

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/27/08 12:38pm
Msg #253320

Lee...Some Countrywides lately... n/m

Reply by MistarellaFL on 6/27/08 1:31pm
Msg #253343

Re: Who the heck wants the whole pkg. faxed back?

No doubt! The whole kit and caboodle?
Gotta love sheetfed scanners.
I'd have emailed it, not faxed. That's asking toooooo much.

Reply by LynnNC on 6/27/08 3:20pm
Msg #253376

Lenders First Choice n/m

Reply by Karla/WA on 6/27/08 1:17pm
Msg #253332

I had one last month for Countrywide....and yes, they required the entire packaged faxed back for a table funding that same day. I took the package into a Countrywide office....luckily I was only 15 minutes away...They have a high speed fax and I don't. So, this may be an option too....just a suggestion.
I certainly didn't have the time spend 1 hour plus faxing back, so that option came in handy.

Reply by davidK/CA on 6/27/08 1:26pm
Msg #253341

It sounds like all the CW Helocs are going to be monster packages everywhere in the country. I giess it must be the trend with all the bad loan problems we all know about.

Solution: Give the Notary a fair fee for his/her efforts. If CW charges the borrower $250 plus for a "document preparation fee" and then wants all the CR-P to be faxed back for free someone else can do it, I won't. Not any more. That train has left the station.

Good reading today folks. So far nobody has said "You did it for $32.00?" We must be getting smarter.

Reply by Gary_CA on 6/27/08 1:21pm
Msg #253336

Who's the SS? I'd do that job for $30k even n/m

Reply by CF on 6/27/08 1:25pm
Msg #253340

Ha! Ha! Funny :) It is CW- no fax backs n/m

Reply by NCLisa on 6/27/08 1:31pm
Msg #253344

CW funding requirements are NOT the Entire package!

To get a CW loan or heloc funded, whether it is investment or owner occupied does not require the entire package. The funder needs signed hud, note, 1st, sig, notary & riders of DT, CW doc correction agreement, borrowers cert, name affs, TIL & IofAF, RTC and any other recordable docs that were signed at closing.

I help out a few attorneys, and when I need to get a CW funded, that is all I send out. I also do several CW loans a week for 2 TC's and none have ever asked for more than that to fund an investment property.

I can would never waste my time faxing over an entire closing package!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.