Notary Rotary
Attn: TC, SS & VM---vent
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Lee/AR on 6/10/08 7:27am
Msg #250617

It's not nice to book my time 2 to 7 days in advance, send me your Order & possibly 5 to 20 pages of title docs to print... and continue notary-shopping and then cancel with me the afternoon before or morning of the signing. Unless, of course, you are OK with me just 'penciling it in' and cancelling with you if I get a better offer.

Reply by jba/fl on 6/10/08 7:32am
Msg #250618

so sorry Lee/AR, been there, done that! Now I just don't print anything, not even confirmation, until the day of appt. (or if early am appt, late night after all arranging entities are done for day). PITA, but have to protect myself.

Hope you can go on to enjoy your day...

Reply by CopperheadVA on 6/10/08 7:40am
Msg #250621

This has happened to me, too. Very frustrating. If they don't want to pay my fee, then give me the opportunity to negotiate, and if we can't come to terms then do not book me!

I've had a few TC's act like my fee was fine and book me for the job, only to continue looking for a cheaper notary. One of them never even canceled with me - I called looking for the docs and they said, "Oh, we actually found someone else who would do it a little cheaper." Gee thanks! They are now on my no-no list.

Like jba/fl, I have learned to wait as long as possible before printing anything.

Reply by NCLisa on 6/10/08 7:40am
Msg #250622

I don't print anything but the confirmation until a few hours prior to the closing. That way I'm not at a loss if the closing is cancelled.

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/10/08 8:46am
Msg #250628

I don't print until the 11th hour, but I've turned down a lot of business--particularly when they book 5 days ahead--could be as many as 3 or 4 jobs, then they cancel less than 24 hours before signing (sometimes just 2 hours) because they found someone cheaper. Grrrrrr.

Reply by MW/VA on 6/10/08 9:06am
Msg #250630

That is really lousy. I'd like to know the names of companies that play that game, because I wouldn't take work from them in the first place. This may be a competitive field, but this is just plain wrong!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.