Notary Rotary
BUSINESS IS BOOMING
Notary Discussion History

BUSINESS IS BOOMING
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Ocean Pacific Notary Services, Inc. on 6/17/08 2:49pm
Msg #251681

BUSINESS IS BOOMING

Hey all you notary/signing agnets - do you want to be BOOKED ALL DAY and NIGHT with loan signings - move to Anchorage, AK

Every notary we called today (more than 20 of them were called) were booked solid with work.

I hear the weather is only bad during the winter Smile

Reply by CJ/Alaska on 6/17/08 2:52pm
Msg #251684

Yes, the market is still fairly healthy here.. I definitely get more calls than I can take..
I am one of the twenty LOL - Sorry but Im leaving for Denver tomorrow - I'm off to UPS now
with yesterday's loan ~ now Im just doing laundry and packing for my trip. Didnt want any
loose ends before I left..

Reply by Susan Fischer on 6/17/08 3:01pm
Msg #251686

Winter, darkness; summer, mosquitos the size of condors...

I personally have witnessed two mosquitos carrying off an unsuspecting tourist one summer afternoon. The poor soul was just trying to get a little sun, but he was no match for the winged vampires of the North Country. It was ghastly.

Reply by CJ/Alaska on 6/17/08 3:05pm
Msg #251687

Re: Winter, darkness; summer, mosquitos the size of condors...

I think there has been a Bill introduced in the House, to make the Mosquito our state bird.

Reply by HawaiiNotary on 6/17/08 3:41pm
Msg #251689

Booming or not, I'd much rather stay where I'm at where it's usually 70-80 degrees year round. . .

Reply by SharonMN on 6/17/08 4:57pm
Msg #251702

Just curious - in Hawaii, do you ever get calls wanting you to go to a whole separate island from the one you're on for $50?

Reply by Theresa Petrula on 6/17/08 6:45pm
Msg #251717

Yes. All the time.

Reply by Ocean Pacific Notary Services, Inc. on 6/17/08 4:32pm
Msg #251701

Okay - that does it- no trips to AK as long as they mosquitos......living in the Pacific Northwest, mosquitos are a hugh problem where were are at - takes months for all their stings to go away.

And I agree, I would rather be in Hawaii.

Reply by davidK/CA on 6/17/08 8:44pm
Msg #251730

Landing lights

I saw a small group of mosquitos haul off a large caribu that got close to the Trans-Alaska pipeline. They were easy to spot because they had their landing lights on in the dark winter night and you had to cover your ears not only from the cold but from the noise they made.

Hard to believe, but it's really true, honest. :-)

Reply by Stamper_WI on 6/18/08 4:08pm
Msg #251876

Re: Landing lights

Funny you should mention that. My daughter is interning outside of Juneau for the summer. She said they had several false alarms yesterday thinking that the mail plane landing when it was really a mesquito flying by. I had mailed her a package in WI last friday and it was on that plane early monday morning for delivery! Pilot claimed that if you back off the throttle, the mesquitos will push you just to get you out of the way.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.